Sunday 11 October 2015

#75 - Furnishings


Vol.# 75

Hello!
It has been a whirlwind two days since I have been back! 

Yesterday my friend Channak and I went appliance shopping from 10 to 2 on his moto, only stopping to take shelter from the pouring rain for five minutes! It is holiday time here, so most of the stores were already closed and the people went to their hometown. The holiday would be until Wednesday for some, and until Friday for others! But we found favour, SO


Praise God for not only getting a second hand fridge and washing machine, but a new stove, toaster, rice cooker and microwave at 25% discount! 
Plus, with Channak negotiating, I was able to get the appliances not only delivered within 2 hours of purchase, (that is unheard of especially with the holiday season here!) but the men came in two teams, one team delivered and the other team came to set up the appliances and to make sure they worked!

Praise God for the initial first meeting with the landlord Pov and his lovely wife and two year old son! They are a young couple and they talked about Catherine (former tenant) being a good cook and asked if I was too! I said, time will tell!

Praise God for reconnecting this morning at New Life church. There people greeted me, saying “Welcome back, have not seen you in such a long time!” (Candace, that is just like your team at RAC!). In fact, two of the pastors' wives came to get my phone number and the founding pastor's wife (akin to Mrs. Ingram at RAC) came to say that she had not seen me and wondered if I had changed church services! (There are 3 services!).

I had dinner with a young couple last night (I had posted their picture in one of my slide presentations) and it was good to be teased, to tease and just be! They are all excited that I would be learning Khmer! I mentioned that I was interested in being an active member now since I am in the city!

My former students had all gone to their hometowns for the holidays, so I was surprised when 2 of them showed up at church and invited me to sit with them. During the service, it was natural for one of them to put her head on my shoulder and the other to hold my hand! It is a bit of RAC culture shock to be back at New Life church, getting accustomed to wearing headphones to hear the message in English. Sometimes the sound is not that good or the translator is not sure, so is hesitant to speak, and to stand for one hour in praise and worship and prayer!

Prayer request: that I would be able to get a couch, a bed and a little table and more importantly a water purifier! I have to be able to coordinate delivery to times when landlord/family is at home; everything has to be carried up through their place because the stairs outside to my place is much too narrow!

Prayer request: to connect with Prison Fellowship after the holiday time here. It is rainy season so I have to be able to travel in the morning since it is begins to rain from 12 onwards!

Thank you for being my dance partners! Allow me the honour of partnering with you in prayer, so please send me your requests!

Dancing with Jesus

Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment