Thursday 8 October 2015

#74 - Here in Phnom Penh!

Vol. 74
Here I am!
Seated having breakfast, eggs, bacon and coffee with my lime juice! Got in around midnight after getting visa etc. Long line to wait for my visa! Then trying to grab my suitcases was hilarious since everyone had left by then, and I was struggling to grab one of them off the ting a ming, and nearly fell over onto the luggage ting
Finally, walking out to a sea of faces and seeing one of my best friends here, Channak, with another friend who is an expat working at Daughters Cambodia! One was wearing a Canadian hat and the other a Trini hat! (The taxi driver was one of my former tuk tuk drivers! He was beaming when he saw me! Usually he works for another hotel but he was also assigned to this one!)




Bless them for coming out so late, especially as it was raining heavily just before our plane landed!
Answered prayers
The first leg of the journey from Toronto to Korea seemed ‘short’! I did not sleep, but got a chance to relax and think back over the past few days, reading cards given to me with strict instructions to “only open on plane!” I sat next to a lovely older couple, (I had the window seat) and they were gracious when I had to get up 3 times for the washroom!! So, thank you for those who prayed that it would be short and sweet and not over tiring for first leg of the journey!
From Korea to Phnom Penh
I was exhausted, so apparently I fell asleep as soon as I came in. I sat next to two Khmer men; the one closest to me took it as his responsibility to make sure I got my food etc.. I was asleep so I missed when they were serving the snack and then dinner, so whenever I opened my eyes, he would wave and shout out to the flight attendant and gesture back to me that I needed food! So he was my ‘angel’ for the next part of the flight! He was showing me pics of his wife and daughters on his phone so I answered in Khmer and he said, “How come you speak my language?” Then he giggled when he said he was trying to speak in English!
For the last 5 minutes of flight I was the centre of attention for the first row of passengers in front of me and across from me. The women were asking the same gentleman where I was from and what I would be doing! Then they all looked at me and said, “Canada! Ah!” Then they nodded and smiled when he told them I would be learning Khmer!
Prayer request
Today is the only business day that things would be open. We are heading into Water Festival time. Most people leave the city to go to their hometowns to celebrate and pray to the gods at this time. I need to get my phone enabled here, go to see landlord before they go to hometown. Channak, who would be taking me to landlord is working until 5, so please pray we would be able to connect with Pov Visal (my landlord) by then. It is the rainy season so rains may begin from 3 or from 6 onwards. The roads get flooded and traffic is at a standstill!
Praise God
For safety; for community; one student just Skyped me that he had a dream I was at Rescue wearing red! (I wore all red on my travel here!) I have been singing The Great I AM! Hallelujah, Who is worthy… My first song from Our Lord!
Thank you for being so faithful!
Now I need to go back to sleep! Wanted to get up and have breakfast and then grab couple more hours of sleep! Need to be thinking clearly for later on when I will go out and it will be so hot!
Timing of God: 
That is what is popping up in my mind: for those of you who have been waiting for His next steps, be encouraged!
It took 10 months to get me back here, but oh, what a send-off from my Lord! Within 2 weeks to have one-time costs all raised and about 60 percent of monthly costs! The one-hundred percent blessing of my parents to be released here and yes, my releasing them to God as well! HE showed me that I needed to go deeper in relationships with you there and to serve you before I can return to serve Him here! So coffee and Jesus, here we go!
(Cool thing just happened! A former student who is in Canada now with Marie Ens and Place of Rescue dance team just Skyped me. He asked for prayer for a toothache so I just prayed with and for him from Phnom Penh!)
Dancing with Jesus,

Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment