Thursday 8 October 2015

#73 - Goodbye Toronto! Hello From Seoul!

Vol. 73

Goodbye Toronto! 07-Oct-2015

Hello from Seoul!

I am waiting to get on my final flight to Phnom Penh! As I was walking from Customs to my gate in Toronto, I struck up a conversation with an official who will be going to Thailand for a holiday, and he asked why I was going to Cambodia. I told him “to learn the language” and this got him curious! So we talked about trafficking and what is being done to help fight against this: talked about 'roles' and the church's role in helping to bring back dignity to this poor country! Cool!

Then I met Erica, a young woman from Colombia, and we talked about knowing a language of a country and being better equipped to help knowing the heart language! She got quiet when I mentioned being sent by my church, and doing this in the name of Jesus Christ. I blessed her and went on to wait!

I am pretty tired, but now, after the initial tears, I am looking forward with expectant heart to hear what He says to me when I step back on Cambodian soil!

Prayer requests:

-To get my year-visa without problem on entry into Phnom Penh.

- That jet lag will be at a minimum. I have to be up early the next day (I am getting in around 10:10 and hopefully will be out from Customs by 11! Will get to hotel around 11:30 or so) to meet with landlord and sign my lease, go to Calamet Hospital to see pastor from Tahas Institute, and get my phone set up once again!

I am missing you all already, but you have prepared me well for this next step, so I am excited to reconnect with the community here!

Dancing with Jesus

Love, Sister Vidya






Part B - Could you be a part of my Monthly Team?
My needs: $2000 / month (**60% has come in)
                                                                                                                              20 donors who pledge $100 per month

                                   
                                                                                                                              40 donors who pledge $50 per month

80 donors who pledge $25 per month


Designation: VIDYA CAMBODIA (reference # 451)

(Founded in 2002, The Great Commission Foundation is a registered public foundation with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), established to promote Christian & relief of poverty in Canada and around the world. Please note: donors need to request a receipt for donations of less than $50/ year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment