Thursday 12 October 2017

#157 - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving in Cambodia!


Vol.#157

We were all at our brother Matt's and sister Nary’s home. They bravely did an open invitation to all Canadians in Phnom Penh to come and celebrate Thanksgiving.





Folks from all of the different provinces were there, bringing pumpkin pies, to turkey stuffing, to turkey! That same day the power went out in Matt and Nary’s neighbourhood, and with the help of a generator they were able to get the lights and fans going but no A/C!

Everyone just kept coming and putting their contributions to our meal on the table until there was no room! And then Matt with Nary at his side began to sing our Canadian National Anthem. One by one we all joined in proudly singing the words to our anthem that unites us as one, from province to province! I wish I had had the presence of mind to tape it but I was caught up by us singing the anthem out loudly!
Then I thought, "This is how we should be as His Body; singing out not only His praises but also in unity sharing His message." We were made up of different organizations, stemming from short-term workers, to workers who have been in Cambodia for over 30 years. Cambodia is our heart country with Canada being our roots and sending country. (I am blessed to have two sending countries, Canada and The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, but that is the best part of being Canadian: that I can hold on to my Trini-ness and still uniquely be Canadian!

I thank God for allowing us to be sent from a country where freedom of speech is a right, and where we would not be sent to prison or arrested because of our religious beliefs. I am grateful for being in my heart country, where we are allowed to share our beliefs and allowed to serve our brothers and sisters here!

To my own blood family, I am thankful for your blessing and release here to Cambodia. I miss you all very much but I know God has you in the palm of His hands!

To my ‘other’ family, you all, I thank you for your continued partnership in this dance with God here in Cambodia! 
I love you all!
 Please send me pics of your own celebrations and of course your prayer requests so that we can go to His feet together!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya     


No comments:

Post a Comment