Thursday 5 October 2017

#156 - Back home in Phnom Penh

Vol.#156

I awoke at 3 in the morning thinking, "Where am I? "
And... "Why is the washroom not where it is supposed to be?" 
Then I realized I was not at my parents’ place, but here, back in my own home in Phnom Penh! 

The second leg of the journey went smoothly. 
All was quiet in Hong Kong when we got in around 4:50 in the morning. Nothing was open and we all looked like we needed sleep. I sat next to two gentlemen that I was suspicious of because of the shady reasons why they were in Cambodia! There were no reasons, just "the people are friendly!" 
So, you all know me. I began to pray ‘them’ down in my mind! 

As I was clearing though Customs the agent asked me if the bags going through the X-ray machine belonged to me, and since he was already wearing gloves, I resigned myself for my carry-on luggage to be searched! BUT, the poor man was just helping me to carry them to another place to make things easier for me! LOL! 
I have to admit I was just about to have ‘diva’ moments in my head but then I heard GOD saying, "I TOLD you I will take care of you, Vidya," but with my past history of being always ‘chosen’ to be searched, I forgot all about His promises! (There is a sermon there!) 

Today I went out in the tuk tuk to get groceries, and I enjoyed the feel of the rain gently blowing in the breeze into the tuk tuk; looking at familiar sights, and yes, being in a traffic jam! 
Then I came home to find the landlord in talks with Channak and who had two young men come in to put a mosquito door screen in, so I can have the living room door open for fresh air and not get invaded by mosquitoes! The irony is that they were putting in the screen around 6-ish when the mosquitoes are becoming active, but they had to have the door open to install the screen. So the mosquitoes were coming in whilst the screen was being put in, so I was swatting them with a mosquito tennis racket. 
They love my sweet blood! 
Mosquito Door Screen


I got a hug from the landlady who is nice, even though she thinks that I am a bit ‘crazy’ even for a ‘barong’ or foreigner! 

Thank you all for your prayers for transitioning back to ‘life’ here. At first it was a bit ‘lonely’ because I was just with my blood family and you, my friends, who I call my ‘other family’! My housemate Channak made sure I had my ginger chicken and rice for my first meal and now says the house is no longer going to be quiet! 
I have already invited my tuk tuk driver whom I have known since 2011 and whom I get to pick me up in his ‘taxi’ from and to airport for Christmas dinner with his wife. I was talking about Christmas with him and suddenly I thought he is within my sphere of influence, so I should invite him and his wife for dinner! Unexpected on my part! 

Prayer Request

Please pray that as I crave to spend ‘coffee’ time with Jesus, I would crave that time in my language studies. Tomorrow I will go to pick up the curriculum from the first class which I have missed at school, so please pray for continuing strong bonds with my teachers. 

Prayer Request

Please pray for wisdom as I balance life here.


What are your prayer requests
How can I help as we dance together with Jesus? Please do send in your stories and requests as it is an honor to go before our God on your behalf!


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya  

No comments:

Post a Comment