Sunday 3 April 2016

#102 - Needing His Eyes

Vol.# 102
First day of Module 3:

I was baffled in the first hour. 
During the break I sat next to a classmate and we both cried! 
However, God used this so that I could pray with more understanding for her, and then we laughed so much!

Khmer alphabet has 33 consonants more than any other language, and 23 vowels plus independent and inherent vowels whose script look like consonant script, but in reality are vowels!

Yup! Welcome to learning how to write and read Khmer!

We have two new students in our Level 3 class, and when I said my name, Adrienne from New Zealand said, “Oh, we prayed for you when I was in Level 2 class!” The other student is Mike from St. Catherines, Ontario! He and his family are with CMA!

From next week, I have an extra one hour of tutoring class at the school. I sense that I will need it!

Prayer requests:
-That God would give me His eyes to see the pattern when I write out the consonants!

-That I would be able to understand how to write the script. I want to do it neatly and accurately.

-Please pray against tendonitis. In the past I have had trouble with my right hand and now I am using it more than ever to practise and write!

Thank you!

It is with joy I go into this Sunday morning. I am taking a friend to a church pastored by two friends I met on my Mission Prep course in Toronto! I think it is a better fit for him as an expat. My church, New Life, does not fit his spiritual needs, so I am excited to see what God will do this morning!

I have been up since 6am, and yes, I have been studying my Khmer because I WANT to! 
So thank you for your prayers! 

Keep on sending me your stories and prayer requests!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment