Friday 13 September 2013

#23 - Thankful for His Provision


Vol. 23

Thank you for your prayers.
We just got word that Dad will have the pacemaker operation on Monday morning. Yes, I know surgeries were only on Fridays but because of the backlog and of course your prayers, they are doing the surgeries everyday next week! In addition, the Lord has gone before us, and Heartbeat International, the NGO which provides the funding, has agreed to fund the cost of the pacemaker etc..

Update on beach chair:
Remember how I had to take my beach chair for my Mom and I to sit on as we waited for 4-5 hours at the hospital? Well, the Customer Relations department sent a photographer when I was there to show the administration that the Medical Ward was the only ward without a waiting room and that it was disgraceful that the caregivers had no place to sit and wait! So pictures of my Mom and I went out (I had brought a carry-on and was sitting on that while my Mom was on the beach chair), and apparently they are going to open up a room (which had been locked with chairs etc.) for the visitors! Yay!

Again, I am humbled by His grace. My cousins, with whom I had not been in contact for over 4 years or so, heard of my sister-in-law's tragic death, and felt led by God to buy me a ticket to go to Orlando to be with my big brother and his kids. So yes, you saw me in Toronto on Saturday, the day I flew back from Trinidad, and on Wednesday I flew here. I will be here until the 29th of September, then I fly back to Toronto.

I have been in touch with Place of Rescue in Cambodia as well as the board in Canada. We are looking at the middle of October if all goes well with the support raising. My students have Skyped me and I am looking forward to being with them again.

Prayer requests: This has been a summer filled with faith testing/building experiences.

Pray that I would learn the lessons He requires of me. I cannot help but think that whatever I am learning here is going to be used in the upcoming year in Cambodia.

Pray that I would continue to depend upon Him for every step. My faith has grown deeper yet simpler. His Word has become more precious to me than ever. You, my family and friends, have become sweeter to me.

Pray that I would be His heart, His arms and His voice here in Orlando.

Dancing with my Jesus,    
Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment