Saturday 18 January 2020

#207 - The Angel List You 'Pray-sed' For!

Vol.# 207

Angel #1 was my sister picking me up and suggesting that I keep my light coat on for Tokyo trip. I was so glad because it was cold on the 17-hour layover at the airport.

Angel #2 was the lady at the airport who greeted us as we came out of the elevator and immediately directed us to where we should be going to check in. 

Angel #3 was the Air Canada counter check-in representative who changed my seat so that I can have a free row to sleep for the long journey ahead. It turned out that she gave me the aisle in the middle section, and the two seats in between were empty and my seat mate on the 4th was a quiet person who laughed when I said people were praying for good seats! 

Angel #4 was the customer rep in the first Tokyo layover who saw my facial expression after she was explaining about buying the ticket for the bus to the other airport rather than going by train. She came out from behind the kiosk, which had a long line of customers, to walk to the ticket machine to buy the ticket and did all the necessary things on the machine, because I had 10 minutes before catching the bus!

Angel #5 was the guy who helped me at the bus by putting my luggage in, getting the right bus with the correct ticket, telling me exactly which location to get off the bus (north-west end of the airport not south-west end!).

And the list goes on! 
Many people in my life usually say ‘it takes a village to help a Vidya’.Well, God sent many angels along the way to help me on my journey, and it is because YOU all prayed for me and praised God on my behalf for His going before me! 

Oh, I must mention the guy at the phone kiosk here in Phnom Penh who was able to put in the new SIM card with my old phone number! Apparently he was supposed to have left 5 minutes before I got to the kiosk and was gracious in helping me out! And yes, I told him he was an angel (tehwodain Khmer!). He smiled and said thank you.

SO, I did not sleep much on the first leg of the flight, and on the 17-hour layover I did not sleep much in the airport, but on the flight on Nippong airways to Phnom Penh, I slept for 2 hours. I experienced one of the best service I have ever received on an airline! The flight attendants, the food and the graciousness of the people were astounding! I sat next to a mom with an 8-month old baby and the baby was so cute and slept most of the way. I thought, why don’t I be an ‘angel’ for the mom and help her out?  I was being surrounded by so many angels helping me out that I needed now to return the favour. In addition, my driver who has known me since the days of Rescue was there to pick me up and help me carry the luggage up the 30 steps! Poor thing was panting afterwards but was happy with his pay!

So thank you

I left Toronto on a Wednesday, January 15th, and got here to Phnom Penh on Friday the 17th. Today is Saturday and I was invited by Annette (former teacher from Rescue and Canadian) who is visiting here for a couple of weeks to join her to meet up with one of our former students from Rescue with his wife and new baby! I jumped at the chance even though I knew that my jet lag might not make me the best conversationalist (Yes, I am blaming the jet lag!).  


I was up at 2:30 to clean the kitchen and unpacked 3/4 of suitcases before falling asleep for a couple of hours!

As always I look forward to hearing what God will say to me in my first service back at my home church here! 
I sign off with a grateful heart to all of you who are ‘dancing’ along with me in His journey.

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment