Saturday 11 June 2016

#109 - I've Reached 'Noun' Status!

As I stand with thousands of Khmer as they sing their national anthem, I get goose bumps and teary-eyed! 




I have to learn the words to this song, but it also hits me  that this is the way I feel when I hear the anthem for Trinidad and Tobago and for Canada! 


We (Cambodia) were playing Taiwan in a soccer game and to say the stadium was packed would be an understatement! But I was with Channak and Jonny and they knew their way and as we tried to walk down into the stadium to find seats (general admission for only $1.25! Yes, really!), I kept thinking that there was no way we were going to get any place to sit down! But then Channak said to walk this way, and as I walked into the row, there was a space large enough to fit the three of us! 


Amazingly it was a reminder of how God goes before us and literally prepares the place for us! It was a clear space, no one had put their bags or anything on the concrete seats!  There was a group of young guys sitting in front and they were blowing their horns and singing and dancing to the music that was blaring from the stadium speakers! (Naturally I joined them as my two friends sat!) 

This was a welcome break from the grind of studies, but also a fun way to join in the life here! Conversations began with ...are you going to the game... while I was at school that day, to my Khmer landlord saying thank you to me for going to support the team! 

Now let's talk about self control that Pastor Sunder talked about in his last message. I am talking about the self control where you do not drink water before the game, to going without water for 3 hours while you are there, and it is HOT! You cannot get out because it is so crowded and if you do, it is a long way to the washroom, and if you know me, I would not only need a GPS to find my way back, but also angels showing me the way! 

Then just before the game started, l looked up and there was a lady in front of me giving me 2 Cambodian stickers. I took them and then realized that oh maybe I have to pay for them but she said ...free free! Jonny, who is expat, said to me afterwards, oh so he thought she was going to give him as well but she said he had to pay! She was actually selling them but for some strange reason I got them free! But I felt God say to me, Yes, my child I know that for the last 2 days you were trying to get these stickers, and you could not, and here I got them for you FREE! 






Revelation 4:1-2(AMP) After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a [war] trumpet speaking with me, said, Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.” At once I was in [special communication with] the Spirit; and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with One seated on the throne.
I was listening to Steve Furtick from Elevation church as he looked at these Scripture verses, and he spoke on the Holy Spirit as well. Some of points include:
-Access. (a door standing open) We have an access, an open door to God, just as HE gave us access into the stadium and provided the seats. 
-Attention, (I will show you...in [special communication with] the Spirit) which is really listening and going before God/Holy spirit. And I was thinking as I looked over at my fellow football fans that if only we could give God the same passion and fervour that we had for this game, the same joy and excitement to go to Him.
-Altitude: (Come up here...with One seated on the throne) perspective - to look at something from His perspective. HE sat on the throne. It is not me, but GOD. In the evening, I should be consistent in  writing down/journalling what He has done so that in the morning when I get up, I am starting from a perspective of thankfulness. So in the morning, let it be HIM that I go to first, His Word, which then becomes His flesh in showing me how to deal with relationships and issues that will occur during the day, because I started my day from His perspective in His Word, in His truth. 
The above was a powerful reminder to me not to end my day with my Khmer homework or start my day with my Khmer studies. When I can get to the point of listening to worship songs and His Word in Khmer, then I can end my day in Khmer,  but now I need to be in Him before I lay my head down! 
It is very easy to lose perspective and become consumed by something else however worthy (Khmer studies), and as I looked over the stadium I kept praising God for the wonderful spirit of my Khmer family here, but also was reminded of the masses who do not yet know Him! 
You can view the whole sermon here:
http://elevationchurch.org/sermons/an-overview-of-your-future/
Prayer request
We were given an unexpected assignment 3 days ago, to prepare a power point presentation based on our research of a famous Khmer person. I have done the research, so please pray for me as I write out the presentation in Khmer  and practice pronunciation of the words! 
Praise
I got the permanent crown put in on Friday, and so far my tooth feels good. Thank you so much for your prayers!
FYI: I became a noun! In class we had to work in pairs and one other pair was laughing and doing a dancing motion! He could not remember the Khmer word but then he did ,so he did a dance but he said " I am doing a Vidya!"  (My legacy!)
AND...We won the game 2 - 0! 
I'm off now to prepare for the presentation! 


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya
 



No comments:

Post a Comment