Wednesday 1 June 2016

#108 - A Bollywood scene and doing the 'wave'!

Vol. #108

2 Samuel 17:2 : "I will come upon him while he is weary and discouraged and throw him into a panic...".

I actually smiled when I read this from His Word this morning, because that is how I felt last night at midnight when I was trying to decipher a Khmer comprehension text! 
It felt like I was in a Bollywood movie, going through the feelings of joy when I was able to recognize and translate words, and then confusion and discouragement when I could not. 
There were tears of joy and distress when it was around 12 and I realized I was only ¾ of the way through (I had started at 9 after doing other homework)! 
Tears of joy, by the way, when I realized I was speaking words in Khmer; but I do not understand, this is discouraging! 

I did not do a dance physically as would happen in the Bollywood movie. Last night I was too tired and feeling as if I was getting a cold! 
But this morning as I read His Word, I realized that the 'enemy' was trying to discourage me by WHAT I did not know, but GOD reminded me of His faithfulness to me by revealing how much I had learnt yesterday! 
The new addition to my Khmer class told his housemates yesterday that Vidya is a riot in class, that she makes the class! I wish this were because of my great language skills etc., but NOT! But as I talked to the housemate yesterday, I decided at least I did not make him cry or annoyed! 

Praise
I was at the Olympic stadium last weekend watching Cambodia play East Timor in a football game. I was so excited to be with the thousands who came out for the game, to do the 'wave' and to shout and groan along with my Khmer family! We won 2-0! 

(Photo credit: Channak Morn)

But the best part for me was seeing and being part of the 'wave'! I was praying that hearts would be bowed to Him and rejoicing to be in the wave for Jesus! 
By the way I sat in VIP seat for only $2.50!!! 
And I love the fact the Khmer sing out their national anthem; no one is shy and I just loved that! 
Prayer
- I will go on Friday to finish the root canal and crown. Continue to pray for His wisdom for my dentist and for me to display His fruit of the Spirit! 
- For my ears to be able to recognize the sounds of my new language! I am listening to Khmer songs and trying to listen to people around me, but I still need that conversational partner/s! 
Thank you for continuing to send in your prayer requests.
We are dancing together in life and I love it! 
Whoa, I just realized I need to get ready for class! 
Dance with Him today in whatever you do


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment