Friday 6 November 2015

#80 - Sounds and Spray Paint!

Vol.# 80
Thank you for your prayers this week.

For the first two days of classes I had to wear a mask to class because I was coughing so much, but God answered your prayers in that HE gave me enough strength throughout the morning so that by the time I went home, I just rested! 

And today, which is Friday, my third day of classes, my head cleared! Unfortunately, learning the Khmer consonants and vowels  (33 of them) was a fog! I could not distinguish the sounds of ‘k’ (there are 4 different sounds!). So this weekend I have to work on that! I am picking up the sentences and practising on all and sundry!

Last week I bought a couch and my prayer chair for the balcony and had to pray for the workers, who, with ropes like pulleys pulled the chair up to the 3rd floor! That was not an easy task! They had to go out on the roof on the 2nd floor to pull up the chair from street level while avoiding the electrical lines overhead! Then they scraped one of the chairs so came back to ‘fix it up’ which meant spray-painting it!
My couch!

My Prayer Chair!
Can you guess what happened?

Yes, spray paint all over the floor on the balcony and yes on the wall (black paint). I had to breathe in and out before telling the guys who just kept smiling and saying “som doh’’ (sorry in English) to clean it up! I actually went back to the place to let the lady know and she was glad I came to tell her. 

So for now, no dining room table or chairs, just a wide couch! I got curtains that are being made right now, so I will put them up on the weekend! I also got another bamboo wardrobe for my clothes so I can start to take them out of the suitcase! Yay! Channak and Jonny, in exchange for a meal, put up my curtain rods (bamboo rods again) and a place to hang my towels! SO now instead of dripping everywhere looking for my towels, I can actually just reach out and grab them!

I still need to put up my mosquito net. Since I was sick, I could not use my a/c, and the mosquitoes love me so I spent most of my night trying to huddle under the sheets!

I thank God for all of you.

I have been spending my time listening to Pastor Sunder’s messages and going into the different links by C. Yuan and others, educating myself on the topics being spoken of. Here in Cambodia, there is such an abuse of God-ordained sex within God-ordained marriages; you have to have His wisdom and grace when you are confronted with the distortions by man here!

Prayer request: continued prayer requests as I battle consonants and vowel sounds! I need to hear the sounds so that I can say the words correctly. I want to have the correct foundation for the language. One surprise here is that I am not only learning how to speak the language, but also how to write the script! So however God leads you to pray creatively for me, I do so welcome your prayers!

I went with Dong, one of my ‘brothers’ here, to the Post Office to open a P.O. Box! Khmer do not have mailboxes, so I had to go to the central post office in Phnom Penh! Please email me to get the P.O. Box address! At least I have a P.O. Box for the year and paid only $15.00 US!

It is raining again, and the mosquitoes are coming in so I have to rush off to close the windows! Please continue to let me know how we can dance together in His partnership in life!

Love,
His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your servant, Vidya



(P.S. I am at 70 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners?)

Website: www.tgcfcanada.org 
Designation: VIDYA CAMBODIA (reference # 451)

My needs: $2000 / month (**70% has come in)

20 donors who pledge $100 per month


40 donors who pledge $50 per month

80 donors who pledge $25 per month
(Founded in 2002, The Great Commission Foundation is a registered public foundation with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), established to promote Christian & relief of poverty in Canada and around the world. Please note: donors need to request a receipt for donations of less than $50/ year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment