Thursday 6 November 2014

#52 - YAY!

Vol. 52

Yay!
I am back on Canadian soil!

Thank you for your prayers on the trip. It went really smoothly from Seoul to Toronto. I had an aisle seat and my seat companions did not even go to the bathroom during the 12-hour flight! It was only at the end when one did! I did have a screaming baby on the other side of me, but I befriended the little guy and the poor parents during the flight!

It was smooth sailing through Customs. In fact, the female Customs officer was asking why I was in Cambodia, and we started talking about the food and then the sex trafficking. She was interested when I told her my church sent me! She said she is not a religious person, but if we are helping Cambodians, it was good. She asked for my contact info, so I gave her my email address. She said she wanted to talk more about what I do there and why!

A gentleman not only helped me put my carry-on in the overhead bin, but also helped me get it down when I reached Toronto. So angels appeared everywhere to help. Then when I touched down at Pearson, I was greeted by my sister and one of my sistas as well!

So here I am sitting at my place set aside by my hosts, and I am overwhelmed by how beautiful everything is here, and the love and time put in to make my refuge here so comfortable! This is luxury for me and I want to thank you all for setting it up for me!

It is a bit surreal to think that I was in Cambodia just barely 24 hours ago and now I am in Toronto!

I cannot wait to meet you all and to hear what has been going on in your lives.


Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment