Wednesday 5 November 2014

#51 - Prayer request, farewells, and V-DAY.

Vol. 51

===================================================
Urgent prayer request: that I sleep, and that my ears would not hurt! I have a bit of a cold (healthy until I had to travel!), so they were hurting on the way down! Also I would like to switch my seat since I was told it was a middle seat, and that would be difficult to stay comfortable for the next 13 hours or so! Thank you for your prayers!
===================================================

Here I am in Seoul, waiting for the next step in my journey back to Toronto. 
Some friends that I met through Channak and New Life Church picked me up and took me to the airport. 
I had a hilarious time trying to get my 2 suitcases, one carry-on, my computer bag and my purse through the gates! I could not find the trolley so I had to take the suitcase one by one into the custom area since my friends could not come through the gate with me.

And wouldn’t you know it?! 
One of the suitcases refused to stay standing up and just kept falling over! 
Then I had to wait for the flight desk to be opened! 
Finally I got everything checked (the previous night was spent in weighing and making sure everything was okay!), and then went back out to see some students who made the trek to come say goodbye! 
Two of them had come to the airport since 7 and I did not get there until 9 since my flight was departing at 11:30! Apparently more were coming to see me but I did not know since I said goodbye to them and went inside. I got Skyped while I was seated waiting inside and they said about 10 of them were on their way! I had to say, “Already inside, so sorry!"

I am emotionally exhausted just saying goodbye, not only to people, but also to the place in the city that had become my refuge from Bek Chan. Lois had moved two days prior so I was in an empty room. Someone had come to get the beds and mattresses, so I was sitting on the floor writing out cards to hand out before I left. Two students Skyped to ask for prayer for healing and another wanted advice on future plans.

I am just sitting here remembering some good laughs I have had over the past few days, thanking God for the best down time. I had gone on a road trip and saw His hand protect us in so many ways! 

See you all in soon!
V-DAY is a-coming!


Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment