Monday 31 January 2022

#252 - A Look Back With Gratitude

 Vol.# 252 

It is with a grateful heart that I look back over the years on God’s faithfulness through you, my dance partners. Some of you have been with me from the beginning, with your prayers, words of wisdom, and sacrificial financial support. Others have come along through the years to be a part of His plan with me in my heart country of Cambodia. I just want to say a heart felt thank you

 

I have been in the kingdom of Cambodia from before 2015 and I am in awe as I have seen His hand at work. Through the medium of education, many have had the opportunity to get a job or a better job through free English classes. I have been part of discipleship/mentoring classes for the next generation of Khmer, seeing new leaders arising to lead with the values of Jesus Christ. I have been humbled to be part of the intercessory prayer group for the main leadership personnel at New Life Church, Phnom Penh.

 
Even now, many of the youth and prayer events have already begun for the year. The church planting teams are out in the countryside taking blessing packages and teaching onsite and online to the leaders, providing encouragement and sound Biblical teaching to the new spiritual leaders! I am excited to see, in spite of COVID-19, the new creative ways in which we have reached out to others while at the same time, we have come to realize how important soul care is to many during this time. I have taken a leadership role in providing soul care to a team of 15 leaders, whilst in turn, they check in to see how the ‘Bong Srey’ (older sister) is doing! It is a mutual relationship of praying for each other and teaching them to reach out to others to pray and to read the Word and to listen to each other’s heart!

 

Many of you know that I first started at the Rescue Orphanage, and in the past 2 months, 4 of my former students have gotten married so they are waiting for my return to have one big celebration party for all! These are my core group of ‘kids’ who are part of a group text in which we exchange prayer requests and keep in touch when we could not meet in person due to the pandemic. I am blessed to be allowed to be part of their lives from the early days to now as they are young adults and living in the city!

 
So this update is to say thank you to all of you who have come alongside me, trusting in Jesus for His plan for those in my heart country.

 
Praise: I have finished all of my usual medical tests and am humbled to get them in timely fashion!

 
Praise: I am grateful for the time spent with my parents here in Scarborough. With the variant rising and wanting to keep them safe, I have not travelled out of the area but I am grateful to connect with some of you via social media!

 

Prayer Request: Please continue with prayers for parents’ health and a better place for them to live in with ensuite laundry at an affordable price!

 
Thank you and stay safe and warm in the midst of these very cold temperatures!

 Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment