Thursday 2 April 2020

#212 - A 'Covid-19 / Cocoon' Season of Transformation to Butterflies!

Vol.# 212


As I was sweltering on the rooftop around 8:45 in the morning, I received a call from the head of New Life Skills Training Centre, Lokru (teacher) Pov! He and the other four teachers had gone exercising that morning and had prayer time together, a new way of rescheduling our days and refocusing on Jesus! 

PHONE CALL WITH THE NLSTC TEAM

The new way of starting our days is with a healthy body and worshipping mind and soul! Unfortunately, I am unable to join in since I am self isolating, but Lokru Pov called to see how I was doing, and how my connections with my students were progressing (Yes, he knows social media and the use of it is way beyond me!). Then he said before I could say it, “Bong Srey (older sister), may I pray with you?” As he prayed, he used the symbol of the butterfly and talked about how now it seems as if we are in a cocoon but that when this season of coping with COVID-19 is over, we would come out changed into His workmanship! I got the shivers because God gave me the symbol of the butterfly through someone else (Amanda Sreedharan - nee Sjaarda) in 2011! That symbol of the butterfly had been for those I had worked with, either the boys and girls in the sex trade or the kids from the orphanage, both imprisoned (or cocooned) with gods of entitlement, lust, money etc., and how with God’s transforming power He can turn anyone into His butterflies of freedom! I told Lokru Pov about that and we both got the shivers because he never heard that part of my story! 

Why am I sharing this
Earlier, I was being swamped with stories of anxiety over COVID-19 from friends and leaders alike, and I had 2 conversations with people around my house about other things which caused me to momentarily pause, and just as I was about to choose between anxiousness by dwelling on the conversations or turning to His Word, I got that call! It was a reminder of my personal mission from 2011. I love the way He works! 

Praise God
We were able to give 50 kgs.of rice to the cleaners from the church and to the two persons who park the motos and cars at the church. They receive the lowest salaries. The combined wisdom of two leaders at church led to the same decision and we were able to bless them!
 
Praise God
I am connecting on a one to one basis via social media with the kids God gave me from Place of Rescue, more so now as the days go by! We are able to speak frankly about what is really going on in their lives.
 
Prayer Request
Please pray for the Leadership of New Life Foundation as they need to be proactive in looking after the members, not only here in the city but also in the provinces (the satellite churches), for wisdom to see this not as a crisis, but as an opportunity to show God’s love to so many.
 
Prayer Request
Please pray that I would know how to extend His hand of love to my landlord/landlady and their family and the neighbours around me. For now the Khmer I talk to still seem to think that this is a ‘foreigner’ disease, so planning ahead is not a priority, plus the fact that survival mode is what some were already on since they have lost jobs and income. 

Prayer Request
It is getting hotter and hotter earlier in the mornings here. As April is the hottest month, please pray that the power does not go! However, if it does, pray that I would be creative in staying cool.
 
Thank you and please know my heart is with you back in Canada as well. I look and I see the rising numbers of infection growing and yes, the deaths. I know we serve a God who is in control. I pray that we all go on our knees and praise Him and be part of a world wide prayer army interceding on behalf of US! 
I love you all!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment