Saturday 12 May 2018

#172 - Happy Mother's Day!

Vol.# 172

Mother’s Day! 

This day may evoke emotions ranging from joy to anger to sadness. I want to celebrate natural mothers and spiritual mothers and sisters who are ‘mamas’ to many! 



I want to pay honour to my Mom who taught me from an early age to pray and to tithe whatever I received back to Our Lord. My ‘Mummy‘, as we say in Trinidad, was the first person to teach me about intercessory prayer. Even now at nighttime to early morning, Mummy will be spending time with Jesus interceding on behalf of us kids.  I have memories of Mummy being one of the few mothers to participate in Sports Day at church back in Trinidad, getting involved in activities, and teaching me the importance of taking care of myself, body, mind and spirit! Mummy taught me how to cook my fave Trini meals, and even now when I return home she always makes sure to have my fave meal ready for me! 

I am told I have inherited my Mum’s feistiness and ability to talk to anyone! Thanks Mom! You have sacrificed much for us your kids and I want to honour you! 

For those of you who are my spiritual moms, I just want to say thank you. Your role in my life has helped me to grow spiritually, and the life lessons you have passed on to me have helped me tremendously as I do life here. 


Now I am ‘spiritual mom’ to some here who never knew their birth mothers, and it is an honour to walk with them. If I can be a tenth of a spiritual mom as modelled by my natural mom and my spiritual moms back at RAC, I will be truly blessed! 

I will give you an update on my work here in my next update, but now I have to go and get my housemate to find a repairman to fix the washing machine that broke down. 


Blessings and love! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya 


No comments:

Post a Comment