Thursday 18 May 2017

#140 - Not one but two!

Vol. #140


Wow, when HE answers, HE answers in His way, and in His timing 

Praise
I met with 2 potential tutors today. 
The first is the wife of a pastor of a local Khmer church. Her husband taught the founding pastor of my church here, New Life church, how to speak Khmer when he first came! She is very nice and we will begin on Monday with our tutoring sessions: one and a half hours three times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 
The second tutor is tutoring my classmate's wife and she is strong, and right away she was chatting away in Khmer with me, and corrected me when I mispronounced words or got the words in incorrect order. I will be with her on Tuesday and Thursdays. 
I will get a sense from next week as to which one will be the one to take me to the next level. 
Or maybe both? 
I was just thinking that previously I could not get connected with even one on my last schedule, and now there are two possibilities and I am EXCITED!! 
CAN YOU TELL? 

Praise
I got an opportunity to pray for the gardener at a hotel yesterday. I met him and the other staff when Ian and Ramona were here, and he is leaving his present job for another, so I asked if I could pray and he said yes. I wish I could tell you I prayed in Khmer but I did not (he understands English and speaks it well), but it was touching to see him bow his head and clasp his hands as I prayed a blessing over him! 

Prayer and Praise
I will get a chance to take one of my former teachers who is now 4 months pregnant to the salon not only as a Thank you for all that she has done for me, but also as a way of continuing our relationship to a deeper level. I get a chance to cheer for her husband who plays on the soccer team for my school (he is a teacher as well). Please pray that I can be a 'big sister' to her as well, as I know she can teach me so much about Khmer culture! 
Thank you.

I have another interview with a house helper this afternoon, she speaks very little English, so I am going to study up on my phrases associated with house cleaning! 

Blessings and keep on dancing! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,


Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment