Tuesday 2 May 2017

#138 - Special Prayers For This Week

Vol.# 138

Hello from a very hot and sweltering Cambodia! 

I need your special prayers this week as I prepare for my major presentation in Khmer.

Prayer requests:

- Please pray that as I transcribe my interviews that I would be able to pick up on words and phrases/sayings that the everyday Khmer uses so that I can put it on my lesson sheet for the students (my classmates, that is!).
- Please pray that I would be able to succinctly summarize (yes, some of you are thinking, "Vidya succinct?") the results of my research.
- Please pray that I would be able to understand questions being asked of me during the question time.
- Please pray that I would be able to do my presentation on Power Point (to get help to do this).
- Please pray that I would pronounce the words clearly as I speak!
And last but not least, please pray that I would be able to sleep properly!

ALL of this is in the Khmer language. 

I want to honour God and honour my Khmer family here by giving my best to my new heart language! All of the other students already have tutors that are able to help (outside of school) them, so I am still praying for the 'right' tutor. Thank you for praying along with me!


Thank you for joining me in this dance! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment