Tuesday 26 January 2016

#90 - Home! "He enables me..."

Vol.# 90

My apologies for not writing sooner, but I have been adjusting to another new rhythm of dance with Jesus because I AM HOME! 
Yay!

Annette graciously came with me to help me take my stuff home; and Dong, one of my brothers here, was giving the tuk tuk driver (a new one) directions on how to get here on the phone as we travelled! It was a LONG trip since the tuk tuk driver had mistakenly heard one thing and was taking us far from where we had to go! But we had prayed before and God allowed me to figure out, “Hey! This is not the direction we should be going!” (Ha! for those of you who know me, directionally-challenged Vidya, this was truly a God thing!) However, we finally made it home, and then up the 3 flights of stairs at my pace!

Praise God: For Annette, for her generosity, not only of her home but also of her time; I enjoyed our prayer times together. Also for Dong, keeping his phone on to give the driver directions!

Praise and Prayer: The insurance company was able to give me one physio clinic here that did direct billing, but I would have to get my medical info to them, which meant going there. Channak called the insurance company and was able to get the insurance company to deal directly with the physio clinic so I would not gave to do anything! 
So thank God for giving Channak wisdom and favour with them.
Prayer: The insurance company has sent in their forms but the physio clinic has not yet responded. Please pray for a quick resolution over this so that I can either start physio with them or look for another option. Thank you.


I still had my Christmas tree up, so I have put on the lights and I watch them twinkling and I smile! I missed doing this over the month I was in hospital so now I am enjoying them!

Recovery is a slow process but yesterday I realized how I was judging my progress and it was by how much I could dance! I have a friend who sends me her worship song for the week so I had it on and just felt like I should get up and do a waltz with Jesus! And I did! I am able to raise my arms up in praise to Him yet really cannot write with a pen!

Here is a photo of my former students visiting me in the ICU and praying for me, all arranged by Channak.

Grateful: I am so grateful for all of you who have truly been my family, in addition to my own blood family! My brothers and sisters and parents have been in constant contact as well as my cousins from Trinidad, but you also, my RAC family, have been with me each step of the way! 
In my readings HE has given me many assurances of my healing: Psalm 18: 32- ...He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to stand on the heights, He trains my hands for battle...You broaden the path beneath me so that my ankles do not turn....’ That is in my daily reading and it is NOT a coincidence that I am reading these particular Psalms at this time! 
Isn't it humbling that the GREAT I AM would do this for me, to allow me to read His Words specifically addressed to my needs at such a time as this? I laughed and cried as I read this.

Please continue to pass along your prayer requests to me and share your stories of what is going on in your lives as well.

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya


** (P.S. I am at 90 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment