Saturday 9 January 2016

#88 - Lifted Up On His Shoulders!

Vol.# 88

Finally! I am able to write! 
My hands are free from the IV and I am feeling so much better!

For those of you who are not aware of what's been happening, here is a synopsis of the past 3 weeks:

On December 21st, I felt extreme pain in all of my joints and could not move. I called my friend Channak at 3 in the morning and all he could hear was me crying! So he came over with Jonny, another friend, and within the next hour, got a taxi, got me down 3 flights of stairs, and with the help of another couple from my church here, Liep and Krong, I was taken to the hospital. I spent 2 weeks in the ICU, so Christmas and New Year is a blur. Then one week ago I transferred to a normal room.
Friends visiting in the ICU

Diagnosis: Streptococcus group B: septicaemia.

I was given massive doses of antibiotics until they were able to figure out the specific bacteria and am now on antibiotics (IV) once a day:

Praise God: for His mercy and grace. Channak was able to connect with Ian and Ramona re: insurance, and he became my advocate here at the hospital. Ian and Ramona were my advocates from Canada making sure things went smoothly. So I want to thank God for those three!

I was not able to communicate as I was medicated all the time, but now I am able to advocate for my own health care. They give you pain killers if you just groan! I have had to say no so we can figure out where the pain still exists in my joints and the level of pain!

Praise God: I was able to live stream Solemn Assembly at Rexdale Alliance church. I got to see your beautiful faces and it made me cry and laugh at the same time! Thank you to those who sent me words of encouragement and who have been praying.

Praise God: I had God conversations with 3 of the nurses in ICU. I was depressed because I was using my Khmer to communicate and they could not understand. To my relief, I discovered they are all Thai, so that is why they did not understand! I have begun to have deep conversations with my doctor who is also Thai. She is lovely and gentle and yes, she says I am her most 'vocal' or really the only patient she has who is vocal about health care! That should not come as a surprise to many of you!

Apparently I have given them many things to consider for treating the patient as a whole person, not just giving meds on time etc. I told her Jesus Whom I serve is concerned not only with the physical parts of my body, but the emotional and spiritual as well! I pray we can continue to talk after I leave here.

Prayer request: that my strength will grow. I walk in the corridors but I have to be able to walk up stairs. Pray that I would exhibit His fruit of the Spirit. In this culture if you ask for something they interpret it as complaining, so I need to be wise in how I address issues! 

I had one nurse from ICU come down and give me a hug saying they missed me in ICU! That is in spite of me! Only His Holy Spirit can do that!

I will write more later. I just wanted to keep you updated!

Please send me your prayer requests. Yes I am in the hospital but I can pray!

The hospital is built near the poorest area, so on my walks I pray over my Khmer people, and I know that many of them do not have access to good health care like I do.

I am grateful to the Great Commission for their prayers and support for me here. I do not know why I was allowed to go through what I did, but one thing I do know, HE is my GOD, HE is my breath, HE is my all in all!

TO my family: thank you to my parents and siblings and extended family for prayers. I am in His arms!

I was sent this song, Shoulders ~For King and Country:

When confusion's my companion
and despair holds me for ransom
I will feel no fear
I know that You are near

When I'm caught deep in the valley
with chaos for my company
I find my comfort here
'Cause I know that You are near

My help comes from You
You're right here pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness
all on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe
that You're lifting me up
on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

You mend what once was shattered
and You turn my tears to laughter
Your forgiveness is my fortress
oh, Your mercy is relentless

My help comes from You
You're right here pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness
all on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe
that You're lifting me up
on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help is from You
(Don't have to see it to believe it)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it 'cause I know, 'cause I know it's true)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it to believe it)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it 'cause I know, 'cause I know it's true)

My help comes from You
You're right here pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness
all on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe
that You're lifting me up
on Your shoulders, Your shoulders

My help is from You
(Don't have to see it to believe it)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it 'cause I know, 'cause I know it's true)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it to believe it)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it 'cause I know, 'cause I know it's true)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it to believe it)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it 'cause I know, 'cause I know it's true)
My help is from You
(Don't have to see it to believe it)
My help is from You

(Don't have to see it 'cause I know, 'cause I know it's true)

The line that I love the most is this: I do not have to see to believe that You are lifting me up on Your shoulders!  I have to trust God.

I give this song to you all to encourage you. I pray that it does, as it has become one of my faves in the hospital (Oceans as well), along with Isaiah 40, which was read to me last night by Patti Russell! For those who may be going through a tough time, I dedicate this to you!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your servant, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment