Monday 24 February 2014

#37 - Grateful for Community

Vol. 37

Here I am in a café trying to eat crepes to see if it will stay down in my stomach. So I ate one and am waiting to see if I have to run home!

I am listening to a link my sister sent me called MyTrinidad and Tobago and, yes, dancing to it. I did not realize how much I was moving to it until I looked up and people were smiling! Yes, it is making me feel good, seeing the pictures of my beautiful home country. The girls who work here (from a high-risk background; it is a Christian based café) are laughing because they are seeing places like Cambodia in the video.

It has been a new experience for me, being off work now for a whole week. I’m still a bit weak but got to spend time with Him in the Word and in prayer. God provided angels, Lois and Nancy, at whose place I am staying, to administer to me.
Words impact me from the song I am listening to:
-       -Keep my heart full of fire that burns so bright
-       -Dedicated
-       -One love
-       -One soul
-       -So brave
-       -So bold
-       -Building stronger
-       -Further
I know they are talking about the 50th anniversary of our nation’s independence, but these could be words dedicated to the same cause of so many of us, sharing about our faith, living the faith.

These past 2 weeks have been a testing time. Physically I am not at my best and I have to reach deep and hold on to God, but at the same time I am being reminded to go into His Word. That was and is where I get refuelled!

Praise: For my housemates here in the city, Lois and Nancy from Crossworld; for you who have sent words of encouragement and reminders of His faithfulness.

Prayer: I head back this morning; a test of my endurance in the one-hour and a quarter tuk tuk ride; picking up supplies along the way. Pray for His strength please.
Prayer: This week will be very busy; end of semester exams. Pray for creative ideas and for strength as I create exams, and mark tests etc.
Prayer: For language studies. I have had to forego that due to sickness. Pray for the Lord to open up my ears to hear the sound and for my tongue to be able to speak Khmer.
Prayer: still looking for my own place here in the city.

The last words in the chorus of the song, “building stronger together…climbing higher…reaching further…unity…in our Trinity” refers to Trinidad, but I think of you, my community.
We, together as one in Him, are reaching further and deeper with the people of Cambodia.

Thank you for dancing and walking with me.

Dancing with Him with a new song,

Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment