Sunday 12 January 2014

#34 - This Week's Little Delights

Vol. 34

I am sitting outside looking at the sunset, the skies getting darker, enjoying the breeze and yes, unfortunately, the mosquitoes. There is a cloud around me because I sprayed nearly half a can of mosquito spray around me and then I sprayed repellent on myself!
I wanted to let you know the delights that God gave to me this past week:

1) My Khmer teacher 5 days ago: What did you do on the weekend?
Me: I went to church!
Well that began a mini convo on am I a Christian? I learnt that she is a Christian and has been one for two years. She started to read the Bible on someone’s suggestion and went to a Khmer church. She asked me to pray before we started our session. Just in case someone out there is impressed that I was able to have this convo in Khmer, I must let you know it was in English! (But one can live in hope that sooner rather than later I would be able to do this!).

2) At the house in Bek Chan on the lower floor lives one of the Khmer teachers from Rescue. (Her English is minimal and she sometimes pops into my class to sit in when I teach Grades 1 and 2. That is her form room). I was in the kitchen with my back towards the staircase and I did not even know she was there until I felt this tap on my shoulder! Well, needless to say, this is where you know if the fruit of the Spirit resides in you. I jumped and said, “Sweet mama!” (I am sure there may be other sayings but that’s Vidya’s!). She brought me rice, uncooked! She knew that I had bought a rice cooker earlier in the day and she wanted to see it! I was looking at the taped Monday session from Solemn Assembly, so she sat with me and sang the words she saw onscreen! I have to confess, I had a momentary twinge of annoyance because I was getting into the session and now I was interrupted!  But I could hear the Lord saying, I thought you wanted community? So we sat for 10 minutes or so and then she left!

It is now early in the morning; the sounds of machines working furiously as construction resumes in buildings around us: dogs barking; street vendors shouting out; kids playing in the street and I await the Live stream of Friday’s session. What a blessing to see you all, Pastor Alan leading in as he says in his weakness. God has a lot of work to do in my life still. So now I will go and journal the things He has challenged me to do!
Time.
Wait.
Patience.
Miracle.
Obedience.

Those words are going through my mind. As Pastor Candace said so eloquently, I love you, my community!

Dancing with Him with a new song,
Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment