Saturday 7 April 2012

#2 - The Trini has landed!

Sharing Easter meal with Marie Ens and friends.
(Photo credit: Marie Ens)

The Trini has landed in the kingdom of Kampuchea!


Thank you, my prayer warriors, for your prayers, I felt it! From the day of departure when I got back my OHIP which was taken away the Friday previously and reinstated just hours prior to leaving, to the packing of the suitcases and farewell off at the airport, I knew you were praying! 

I could say it was the Dutch connection or the Trini connection which got me special privileges. I was able to check in my baggage without having to wait in the line, and got to take all of my luggage even though I was way over for each, but in reality it was the Holy Spirit connection! 

You all prayed and through an old friendship at Cathay Pacific the above occurred. Plus, eight hours within flight, I began to feel hungry and all of a sudden the flight attendant, to whom I was introduced by the Dutch and Trini women, appeared with a tray of goodies from first class, with the china and silver forks etc! I was so surprised! I ate it all up and I had room to sleep because there was no one sitting in the middle! 

The young man who sat on the aisle seat, (I had window seat) had taken sleeping tablets, so midway in flight I was contemplating how good I was at hurdling! I was trying to estimate jumping over him to go to the washroom, but thought I would end up on the laps of the person across from him, so began to pray for the guy to wake up! I was humming loudly and then physically dancing to music while seated, in the hope he would feel the vibrations and wake up, (tricky thing to do when one HAS to go to washroom!) but he did move and I immediately pounced on the opportunity to get out! He helped me with my carry-on luggage and logistics of figuring out how to get the food table out in front of me!

Had opportunity to share with Hyacinth, the flight attendant, on where and why I was going to Cambodia. However, did have mini panic attack within the first 3 hours on flight. Was feeling claustrophobic, could not get seat belt off, and it was so dark and my thoughts were, “Wow, I am really leaving everyone and it is just me!” 
Then I put on my praise worship music ( thanks to you and you know who you are!) and felt His peace descend on me. I realized that this would be the first of many times that Satan would try and take away my reassurance from our Lord Jesus Christ re: His mission for me and how He would provide for me at POR! 

Layover: 6 hours and no, I did not miss the flight or get lost at the airport so specific prayers were answered! But it is weird to have 'lost' a day! As I am typing this at 10 at night, it is 10 in the morning, Wed. morning, but Thursday for you all! Second flight went smoothly, visa was given for one month, so I have to renew it each month! But then waited for luggage. Half hour went by and still no luggage! Then one of the porters came and waited with me and I slipped him some money (technically speaking not supposed to give money, who knew?) and it was he who remembered he saw a hockey bag and another bag in the lost and found area! 
Got bags and went out to see Marie Ens' smiling face! 

Place Of Rescue: Within first hour of arriving at Place Of Rescue, a woman came crying to Marie: she was pregnant, had fallen, and she was afraid that she would lose the baby and be sent away from Place of Rescue! We prayed over the lady, the baby and Marie reassured her that she had a home here. Within minutes, went to praise service set up by the kids and their leaders: they were praying all together and doing action songs. Left early since jet lag was now catching up on me, and promptly saw 3 huge black spiders in bathroom! Killed two, one got away, and then the top of shower head broke in half so had to scoop cold water with bowl from a barrel of water to take first shower here! 

Was up early at one in the morning. I went outside in the pitch darkness with flashlight: got my worship music on and stood in the middle of the playing field and rejoiced with the Lord. 

Beach Lime: Everyone was up early by 6am to go to the beach: this is a yearly treat for everyone.
Picture this: 6 huge buses with about 300 kids, grannies and care givers! 
At the end of the day they all sang praises and prayed on the beach with the tourists and rest of the visitors looking on. Watch us. Click on the link below. See if you can spot me. (Clue: Far top left - My blouse is orange.)
(*lime - Trini term for hanging out! )
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3631963326535

Good Friday: returning to Place of Rescue; a 4-hour drive; tired, the solar generator has not kicked in yet for the lights, so waiting on that; very hot, have to go in to the capital to get groceries.

I showed everyone the laminated copies of prayer sheets: thank you all for partnering with me.

Prayer requests
  • to find that place of prayer and worship: everything is built flat here: no roof tops as in Phnom Penh.
  • Meeting with teachers; wisdom where I would fit into the teaching schedules.
  • Quick ear to pick up language: would help in forming community here.
  • Internet access: doing this from a hotel but no access at Place of Rescue yet!


Still dancing with Him, 
In partnership with you, 

Sister Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment