Saturday 14 April 2012

#4 - Glimpses of the Living, Loving God.

As I was praying God showed me a picture of Him with His arms wide around the perimeter of Place of Rescue, then I see Him walking along the paths, His feet dusty as He walks and sees His children at play: 

Then He reminded me of these precious moments:

A group brought gifts for the children for Khmer New Year, one of the gifts is baby powder and before you know it, I became white! Yes part of the celebration was to put powder, or rather throw powder on everyone. Once I realized what was going on, I too got in the act. I wish I could show a video of the spontaneous laughter and joy as we began just playing, having fun and yes eating the baby powder.
Note to self: close mouth. I was laughing and bam!, one kid got me, baby powder tastes yucky!
But oh the sheer fun of it all!

It is seven o'clock at night, the Khmer worship music is put on in the big outdoor room, the meeting place, and everyone begins to dance Khmer style. It is beautiful and graceful, boys, girls, women and yes, the few men all dance traditional style. But then the boys start to put in hip hop dance steps and I laugh! I am learning Khmer dance! 

I am walking by one of the houses in the compound and a grannie calls me and I sit next to her, and she holds my hand and we just sit and smile! She says something to a house mom who comes and sits with us and smiles at me. I think I secretly amuse them but really have no idea why!
Don't you love it?

A little girl brings me 3 yellow flowers and wants me to pick her up with the universal language of holding her hands up to me! I try to hold her and the flowers as we dance together.

A foster child of one of the women at RAC comes up to me and extends his hand to dance, he is very very good! And very patient as he teaches me the steps. I cannot wait for you all to meet him when he comes with Marie Ens, grandmother, to Toronto!

So many pictures of His grace and love, His redemption and faithfulness. I pray the above gives you a glimpse of the Living Loving God who is here, He is not a far away God. 

Dancing Khmer style with our Heavenly Father, 
Sister Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment