Friday 20 September 2024

#292 - God's Ways are Not Our Ways!

 Vol.# 292


Thank you all for your prayers for my safe journey back to Cambodia!

 

There were no delays and I arrived around 11-ish on Sunday night and as I walked out, I was greeted by our senior pastor and his wife who came to pick me up. When I got to my place, Julia and Chetra were waiting to help carry my 2 suitcases up the stairs! There is still construction work going on (3 months ongoing!) and an iron grid was laid on the road so that rolling the suitcases along the street was not possible. So Chetra had to lift the suitcases and walk to my doorway, then climb up the 32 steps! 

While I was away, Lauren (another important part of my community here) helped with arrangements for cleaning my place and getting it ready for me to return. Yet the construction goes on and for the first 2 days until Thursday, no one could leave their place on my street and no one could enter, for they were laying the concrete down on the road! So an enforced rest helped me to get things in order here in the apartment. 


On Thursday I was back in the office and unaware that I would be attending a prayer and blessing on a new satellite campus site for New Life Foundation church early in the afternoon. It is situated on the south end of the city, and as we went to clean and pray and walk in the area, I was so blessed that I was able to be part of this ordination. I also ate lunch with part of my team but by 3pm, after being back in the heat and prayer time, I was ready for my bed! 




As I left the new site, and did a tuk tuk prayer (instead of a prayer walk), I saw many children playing outside and a nearby school. On the 28th we will have a ‘mission’ to go and clean and paint the new place. It was a residential house and will be a home church. Lokru Virak and his wife, Sister Boramey, will be the ones to lead this new campus. Lokru Virak is still the head of HR at our main campus but will soon slowly release his responsibilities from here at the main campus to focus on this new campus called Dangkor Community church, New Life Foundation. I will be with the team on the 28th as we go to do the practical work of cleaning and getting the new campus ready. There is much work to be done, and later on I will give the back-story to the planting of this new campus! 

Answered Prayers

God’s ways are not our ways! I usually get an aisle seat on the plane but this time we could not get an aisle seat, so Ian and Ramona were able to get me a window seat. I like the freedom of being able to get up and walk, and yes, go to the bathroom when needed on such a long flight, so I was a bit apprehensive especially as my seat partner on the aisle was a tall guy and his knees were jammed up to the seat in front of him. I was calculating how I could squeeze by if he fell asleep or if I had to jump over him! But all of you prayed for my trip back and God answered this way: I only had to go to the bathroom 3 times on the 14-hour trip, and I only had to go when my aisle partner went. Moreover, my seat partner next to me was a smaller size so I did not feel cramped! 

 

Then, my seat could not tilt back so I finally had to call the flight attendant to help and with the 2 passengers on the back of me pulling at the seat, I finally could tilt the seat to rest until the meals came! Then they had to push the seat back in place! I dared not try to tilt it back again after the meals, but again, our Lord allowed me to rest my head against the window so I could rest. 

 

I had the opportunity to actually look out and to see His beauty in the skies, and yes, to thank Him for my time back in Toronto with my parents, my sister and bro and my visiting family members from England. One of my prayer partners had prayed and gave me the picture of angels carrying the plane and as I sat overlooking the wing of the plane, I smiled as I could picture this and felt His assurance that He will be looking after me in the future but also that my Mum and Dad are being held in His arms back in Toronto! Thank you, Maggie, for that precious picture you painted in your prayer for me! 


Prayer Request

Please pray for His wisdom and discernment as roles have changed here and I am asked to help out as a spiritual prayer partner in the new campus site as well as have a more active role in the weekend services preparation. I will add more on this in my upcoming newsletter!

 

I wish I had more time to personally visit with many of you on my last visit, but please keep sending me your prayer requests and your life stories so that I can pray along with you at our Father’s feet! 

Still dancing with Jesus


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vedya 

No comments:

Post a Comment