Friday 8 March 2024

#286 - Prayer Requests for my Birthday

 Vol.# 286


A funny thing happened on the way to making plans for my birthday on March 13th! 

 

Backstory first

Last year I had a conversation with Oun Muylen who works for BRAVE. I have talked about Oun Muylen before. She was the first female Khmer Director of Prison Fellowship Cambodia before going to work for my friend Mel’s NGO BRAVE ministry. They did various outreaches to the villages and prisons, bringing education and health care while preaching the gospel, tending to the physical and practical needs as well as the spiritual part of the body. Oun Muylen had asked me advice on classroom structure and on class management as well as teaching methods in communicating the lesson objectives. She had asked if I would be willing to come with her to the village to observe and lend my support. 

 

Fast forward to a couple of days ago

I was praying and thought randomly that for my birthday I would like to use the skills He has gifted me and which I hopefully have honed and amplified through education and experience! I thought back to the request to help in the province, and then a half hour later, I received a message from Oun Muylen asking if I was still available to help, and yes, on the 13th and 14th of March! She did not know it was my birthday and what I had asked of God in my heart, but He DID! 


So, can you please join me in prayer:


- Pray for safety as we travel to Kampot, about 4 hours in total.


- Pray for protection against the extreme heat, as it is hitting in the high 90’s now.


- Pray for favour as I meet with teachers and students, for His eyes to see and His ears to hear what He would have me do.


- Pray for a listening heart as I would be praying with Khmer leaders there.

 
- Pray for a bonding time not only with Oun Muylen but also with those He would give me to have those one-on-one conversations.


- Pray for creativity as we plan time with students, teaching through games and yes, actual teaching time!

 
- Pray for His Holy Spirit to be over us as a team, that I would truly be His servant and encourager to those I would encounter!

Thank you very much

 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vedya 

No comments:

Post a Comment