Friday 11 March 2022

#255 - Ministry Snippets: Teaching and Women's Appreciation Event

Vol.#255

 Good morning from my rooftop

It is an unusually cool morning and I am very grateful for the clouds giving me shade! I thought that I would send some pics to show you what I have been doing since I last sent out an update.

 
At the first staff meeting last Tuesday, as I walked in and various members of the staff rushed up to give me hugs (we all wore masks and sat in the required social distance but we were still hugging and fist bumping each other!), I felt this renewed sense of love and appreciation for all! I was immediately involved in focusing and concentrating on Khmer language for about 2 and 1/2 hours! 


On that same day, I had set up to meet with a Khmer teacher who was teaching English basics to a class filled with different literacy levels. As we sat and prayed and consecrated the classroom to Him and affirmed that teaching is one way of worshipping Him, and giving thanks for the opportunity to reach out to students at risk and who come from impoverished backgrounds, I decided, with the approval of Oun Uddom, the teacher, to stay so that I could get a better idea on how to help/mentor him in his teaching. Well, I ended up teaching the class for about 3/4 of the hour, doing pronunciation (yes, you heard correctly!) with them using Khmer sounds so that they could say the words in English! It was fun but a bit exhausting as I had started that day at 3 in the morning still getting used to being back here!

IMPROMPTU CLASSROOM TEACHING SESSION

 
On Friday last, we had a party for the women/girls on staff in honor of International Women’s Day, which is a public holiday here in Cambodia. It was a time of games and prayer and worship, again a time of reconnecting with the female staff and listening to their hearts and then to pray! I pray that with the pictures you not only get a sense of the community here, but also His purpose for me at New Life Foundation church.

PRAYING WITH YOUNG LEADER OF EVENTS, ALY




PICTURES OF WOMEN'S APPRECIATION EVENT AT CHURCH!


PARTICIPATING IN GAMES AND WINNING!

There was a power outage at a service but we still had church! The guest speaker shared on spiritual freedom. We lost power just before he came on. The impact of his testimony was so powerful!



I will be restarting my Bible study with Oun Muylen (formerly of Prison Fellowship but now part of BRAVE ministry), and I am looking forward to seeing which book from the Bible she will choose!


 
PraiseThank you all for your continued prayers and financial support for His work here. You are all my dance partners and I am so thankful for all of you!

 
Praise: Thankful for the landlord/landlady for always being there ready to fix anything. They put a small screen back up on an opening for me when a HUGE cockroach nearly landed on me! Today they are fixing a leaky faucet for me while I am at work.

 
Prayer: I still have more administrative meetings. I ask for your wisdom that I would not say one word more or less, and that I would always be His Servant in His Spirit!

 
How can I pray with and for you? Please do send in your requests and also share your life stories as I am sharing my own with you! 



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vedya 

No comments:

Post a Comment