Monday 8 March 2021

#235 - A Selah Time

Vol.# 235


Day 7 of Quarantine or Selah as one of my mentors has described it: a pause to refocus on God; a time of renewal. That is my perspective on my ‘Selah’ time here at the hotel! 

I thought I would describe what the day looks like here. I am usually up by 4 in the morning, so I prepare my coffee. So this is what I love about my Jesus, for He knows what I would need and had prepared it for me. I had brought my milk frother to Toronto, but because it is a different wattage I could not use it, but God knew that I would be in ‘Selah’ time here so I have it here with me (not at my home in Phnom Penh). Plus, just before I left, Sarah my niece-in- love (married to nephew, Nathan) had brought me coffee that could only be packed in my carry-on since my suitcases were already at the limit. So I had that coffee, plus the French press that was given to me by others for my first quarantine time back in November at the duplex in my carry-on as well. So I was prepared for my coffee with Jesus time! 

 

Around 7:30am the doorbell would ring and my food would be delivered at the door in sealed container. At 10am I would get a call to go down to the lobby to have my temperature taken and recorded. My elevator card would only allow me to go from my room to the lobby. It is the hotel’s way of tracking where we are since we are supposed to stay in our room. On that note, on the first night when I was on the balcony, I was looking down and thought, hmmm, those people down there sitting and talking look familiar! Wait, they were with me on the plane from Seoul to Phnom Penh! How come they are not in quarantine? Well, another person may have let that go, but I took some pics and yes, called down to the lobby to ask about the quarantine control, and asked why are there people outside when they are supposed to be in their rooms! You see, these people were interacting with the street sellers and tuk tuk drivers, not keeping to themselves, and right now the community transmission has grown rapidly! The receptionist said that the people there were told to stay in the rooms but that they were bored! And it was only the first night of the quarantine! Let us say when I asked for a mug for my coffee right after that, it was delivered promptly to my room within 5 minutes! 

 

Between 11:30am and noon, lunch would be delivered at the door and also around 6 in the evening! I thought about it and the delivery packages are just like being on the plane! I have included pictures of the cleaners when they come every 2/3 days: looks like a scene from CSI TV show! I go to the balcony while they clean the room in their full gear, and then switch to sit on the bed as the balcony is cleaned while, of course, wearing my mask!

 






Praise

So thankful for a room with a balcony; for the hotel staff who are accommodating and allow me to practise my Khmer whenever I go down to the lobby for my temperature checks! 





Praise:

I want to give a shout out of thanks to former housemate Channak for negotiating the purchase and delivery of my new second hand fridge and washing machine! He was able to get this done plus the cleaning of the air conditioners before my quarantine is finished so that when I return home all I have to do is to fill up the fridge. Yes, by the end of this quarantine I definitely would need my washing machine for all the clothes I would need to wash! 




Praise

Thankful for Julia and Chetra, David and Lauren, and Liep and Krong for looking after His refuge home for me. The pictures taken of new fridge etc. are from Julia and Chetra who were there for the delivery of the appliances.

 

JULIA AND CHETRA

DAVID, LAUREN AND BABY CHLOE


Praise

As in Numbers 9:1..and the Lord spoke to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai..”, so the Lord is speaking to Vidya in Room 1003 in the hotel. As I in Numbers 9:8 ...wait so that I may hear what the Lord will command concerning...”, I am humbled by His voice speaking to me in His Word. As I pray for others, He gives me insight based on His Word and I think how wonderful it is to serve a GOD who directly communicates with me, like He did with Moses! In Numbers 11:2 the people cried out to Moses and Moses prayed to God. I do not have to cry out to another human being to pray for me. HE has made it possible for me to go to Him, to sit at His feet and just pour out my heart. Thank you, My Saviour


Prayer

Please pray that I will get my passport back without complications (like it being lost etc.) at the end of the quarantine; that my second COVID-19 test (in reality my 3rd within a two week period!) will be easy and NEGATIVE! 

Prayer

Pray that God will give me words of blessings for the staff here when I leave! 

Thank you for sending in your prayer requests and stories of life back in Canada! Please keep on sending them and let us dance together for His glory! 


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment