Monday 22 January 2018

#165 - Urgent Prayer Requests for Final Project

Vol.# 165

Greetings from my balcony here in Phnom Penh where I am surrounded by hundreds of rain flies! 
Seriously, they are everywhere now but that is not what the prayer request is all about. 

I have one final big project here: doing research and creating 3 situations with 5 leading questions that would garner info on the subject: Comfort.  

Yes, and it has to be all in Khmer. I have to interview at least 8 to 10 Khmer people and from their responses, choose one situation from the 3 that I have created and have questioned them about, and focus on that one for my big final presentation. 
This includes PowerPoint slides, a vocabulary list with new expressions or new vocab for the class, an exercise comprehension lesson that I would give out to the class, and a role play that I would do with my supervising tutor. 

Prayer Requests


Pray that the situations I have created will be clearly explained by me in Khmer to the interviewees. 

Pray that they will be able to express themselves freely (I will be taping them). 

Pray for my ears to be open to listen and then to respond. You never know who I might be ‘comforting’ as I do my research!

Pray for help here with PowerPoint slides (Yikes!). 


Pray that as I practise, that my pronunciation will not deter interviewees from understanding the questions.


Pray that I will be able to ask ‘prompting’ questions, for wisdom and words to do that in Khmer. 


{Add anything else you can think of!}


Thank you so much for your prayers for and with me. 
It is a COMFORT to know you are dancing with me! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment