Saturday 16 December 2017

#161 - Christmas Celebrations with Trini Nostalgia

Vol.#161


One of the many traditions we have back in Trinidad and Tobago is that everyone, no matter the religion, would be putting up new curtains, painting their house, and doing extra cleaning getting ready for the Christmas season! 
So I decided that I would begin preparations not only spiritually, but also physically here on site. 
So curtains were taken down and washed and put up again. I will be looking for new sheets for my bed, and as you already know, the Christmas tree is already up!  

My housemate will be decorating the rooftop area (I will send pics). The day to celebrate Christmas here with former students is still to be decided on. Already I have my Christmas soca music on. 

I am missing the ‘sorrel’, 'Peardrax' and ‘fruit cake’ (Mom Campbell, I am thinking of your cakes now!), so I have to think of alternatives here.
Trini Black Cake


Sorrel
I have asked my housemate to help me download 'It's A Wonderful Life' with Jimmy Stewart and also 'White Christmas’ with Bing Crosby. 

I took Tutor #2 Keriya for a Christmas breakfast as her gift and will meet up with Tutor#1 later on next week. 
Christmas breakfast with Keriya (Tutor#2)

End of term get-together with teachers


I am reading “The Day Christ Was Born" by Jim Bishop, and everyday I get to go on the journey with Joseph and Mary as they travel to Bethlehem. 

Praise and Prayer Request
The tenants who have opened a restaurant and bar downstairs seem to be quiet. So far there have been only a couple of major quarrels downstairs, so I am still waiting to see about re-signing the lease for another year here. 
Thank you for your continued prayers on this!

Prayer Request
I do not have a place yet to go after Christmas and before school restarts in January, so I covet your prayers for a good but not expensive place. 

I am looking forward to ‘blessing’ my landlady and her family here, and also my house helper, so I am praying into exactly what that would be to lead into a deeper conversation about Jesus.

I love seeing your pics, either from going to concerts or at your home. Please keep sending them! 



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya  


No comments:

Post a Comment