Saturday 1 July 2017

#144 - Happy Canada Day!

Vol. #144

Happy Canada Day to all


I just came from having a Canada birthday 150-year celebration dinner! Makyeay, or Marie Ens as you know her, sent me a message inviting me to join her son David and his wife Pattie, Mike and his wife Cindy (they are Alliance missionaries; Mike was my classmate at my language school), Charlotte, who is visiting from Canada, and her Khmer son, Samuel (he left Cambodia when he was 1 and now 11 years later has returned for a visit with his mom), and the new English teacher at Rescue and intern from the Alliance church working with Mike and his wife. 
It was wonderful reconnecting and just chatting away about where we all live back in Canada! 



And here is a bonus photo: Vidya the scorekeeper!


I am so proud to be able to say I am a Canadian-Trinidadian, because Canada allows me to keep my Trini identity and I am so humble to be part of this amazing mixture of cultures and even prouder to be from Toronto, which I think is the most cosmopolitan city in the world! 
I thank God we have freedom of religion in Canada, and that I can worship and not be arrested because I serve Jesus Christ. I love the mixture of music, the sounds of different languages (which is music to me), and the many traditions and customs which are woven into the fabric of "Canadian!

Answers to your prayers:
Tutor #2

Four days ago as I was talking to tutor #2, she told me that she had to leave on time because she had to go to court. Her father had died 3 years ago, and her brother was contesting the will and wanted all the land and money that the father had given to both of his children, my tutor and her brother. I asked her if I could pray for her and she said yes, so I did in Khmer. 
Then just two days ago, my tuk tuk driver told me his wife was sick, so I said I will pray for her and so I did, and I know he was listening because he filled in the pause when I was trying to think of the correct word to say! Health is 'sokaphiep' and safety is 'sowataphiep" ! So he said sokaphiep when I was praying for health for his wife. I was also praying for safety as I always do before leaving, so that was pretty sweet that God gave me those 2 opportunities! 

Request
I would like to 'borrow' 1.25kg free weights if anyone has one lying around in their basement for the time I am at home please. I want to continue with my workout routine while I am back home. I think I should be able to buy an exercise mat when I return to Canada, and I will probably be able to bring it back with me but not the weights.
Thanks! 

Please continue to send your prayer requests and your pics of your life back in Toronto. It keeps me connected and I love hearing about your life! I have to go as the mosquitoes are loving on me right now! 

Dancing.....to the beat of Trini music now. 


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment