Wednesday 21 June 2017

#142 - Neigh...neigh...

Vol.# 142

Did you have ever those days when…:

…A picture is being taken of you, a head shot, yet you are still sucking in your stomach to have the pic taken?

…You are offered highlights in your hair for only 8 dollars, and then asked what colour you prefer and you said purple (in Khmer), but got orange instead? Or rather a brassy colour bordering on blonde? So you then furiously try to figure out if you said orange instead of purple in Khmer? 
Well thankfully I did say it correctly! However, the colour was so wrong because the girls were 'learning' how to do highlights! 
So when I returned, Jheri, the owner, insisted on not only redoing the highlights, but also putting more in! 
Yup! 
It still does not look purple but suspiciously more like maroon, but hey, I got the chance to spend 2 more hours chatting and listening in Khmer! And the highlights will wash out. 
Hopefully! 

And then this happened.
I was trying to explain that I was a full-time student, but I found out later that instead of saying ‘suh', I was saying 'seh', which means I was saying I was a full-time horse
Yup!
Tutor number 2 was killing herself laughing so hard that we could not continue the lesson!

Two days ago I was listening to a video clip posted by my pastor at New Life church here, but I could not understand the whole thing, so I decided to use it as a learning tool in my tutoring session. Keriya, my tutor, was watching it and after listening to it and Pastor Jesse talk about an upcoming conference this weekend with guest speakers from Singapore and the States, she asked if non-believers could attend the conference as well! I said yes, so she will come to the conference on Friday and hopefully 2 of my teachers from my language school will also come! 

It seems to be getting hotter in the mornings so I have had to switch from my rooftop to the lower balcony where there is more shade to have my coffee time with Jesus, and I love seeing the birds fly on to the balcony and hearing them sing as I read His Word. 

Prayer Requests: 
  • For this weekend's conference here in Phnom Penh that we all will learn more and be motivated to continue His work here.
  • For wisdom as I meet with two people at the end of this week (situation confidential).
  • For my parents as they look for new place to live in Toronto.


Each morning I pray in Khmer, and even now as I write this, tears are flowing down, because there is something so sweet and intimate when I can finally understand certain phrases which are commonly used to begin and end the prayer. My tuk tuk driver listens to me when I pray before we head out anywhere, and even though he wants to speak in English, I want him to understand when I pray for work for him, and I also pray for his family plus safety on the road!

The rainy season has begun here, and even now the skies are grey yet still very hot! I cannot wait to see you all in August! 

Personal note
I thank God for my Dad for his love for me, and on Father's Day I was able to call him and thank him for his sacrifices and his love for Our Father. 
I also want to thank my 'spiritual' fathers as well who have walked with me over the many years at RAC! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment