Sunday 5 March 2017

#133 - Our First Rooftop Worship Time!


Sweat is pouring down my back as I mop the floor on the rooftop area. I am getting it prepped for the first Worship time here at the house! I am still thinking of a name for the house, so if you have any ideas please feel free to send them to me. 

One week ago I was reminded by my Khmer teacher from G2K about having worship time here, and he said, "Why not begin on the first Saturday of the month?" 
So with 8 adults and two young kids, we began our first worship time. We began in English but then at the end we did about 4 songs in Khmer, the same songs we used to sing when I worked at Bek Chan with the corresponding dance moves! 
 First Worship Time On The Rooftop



We all prayed together at the end and then discussed if Saturdays were the best day to have the worship and the time for it! All agreed yes
The plan is to sing and worship our Lord, and then to spend time in prayer for people in our lives, and of course, for the land of Cambodia! 
Chris, whom I met for the first time 2 days ago, is from G2K and he brought his beat box and man, is he ever good! Teacher Meng and his Khmer friend from his church came equipped with a guitar, and they took turns playing while the rest of us sat and sang and we were gifted with not only His presence, but His sunset! 

Praise
I have asked you all to pray that I would start forming a community here, and I just want to say how humbled I am that David and Lauren, my classmates who have already graduated, still want to spend time with me. It is awesome to have a brother and sister, who although they are SO unlike me, are one with me because of His sweet Spirit and our love for our Lord Jesus Christ!
Prepping the info desk at the new church

Prayer
- Pray that I would learn how to balance being a Martha and Mary, so that people not only feel welcome as if they are walking into His arms when they come here, but also that I would not stress out about the cleaning and prep time! My house helper quit 3 days before our meeting tonight and the cleaning of the stairs and roof top area is quite difficult. SO...

- Please pray that I would be able to get another helper who can do the heavy work (very dusty here), and one with whom I can speak Khmer! 

School
I had written that I was struggling with being a part-time student, not really feeling connected or having that continued rapport in Khmer which I had as a full-time student. After praying, I decided to go in early at 7:30am as I would if I were having classes in the morning, sit in the lobby at the desk, and study my Khmer. At same time I am able to talk and connect with others in Khmer. 

The teachers told me that it had been so quiet without Julia (my comrade in arms) and myself in the mornings at school! 
The first morning I was there, I was saying good morning and how are you in Khmer to all and sundry. So much so, that new students were handing me their forms for school because they thought I was part of the welcome committee of the school! 

Then I began having God conversations with a few students who are struggling to balance language studies and living cross culturally. So thank you for praying with and for me on this. I still have problems with  comprehension when I am being spoken to in Khmer at a fast pace! Ten minutes later, I will be, "Oh now I understand what they were saying", after I had the time to process. 

Praise
I actually spoke in Khmer to our landlady here, and I understand her when she spoke to me because I knew what the topic was all about.

Prayer
- Pray for ways to build bridges with her and her family here. 

Thank you all for your continued support in finances, prayers and words of encouragement! I may take a longer time to respond, but be patient because I will respond to all of your emails! 
I love to read what is going on in your life. It makes me feel connected to you and gives me more info on how to pray more intimately for you! 

It is nighttime now, and I am enjoying the gentle breeze, the beautiful sky and the sound of the washing machine as I do my laundry! 
Dancing with Him on the rooftop!


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment