Saturday 10 September 2016

#119 - A Week Like This...

Hello everyone

Have you ever had a week like this?

... Like when I put conditioner on my face instead of the face wash? And then I wonder, "mmm, this smells so good"; and then I look at what I was using.


... Like whenI am looking for my sunglasses until I realized that it was tucked in the front of my shirt (yes, I checked the top of my head first!).


... Like when I went searching for my phone not realizing I was holding it amongst the many things I was carrying! 


... Like when I was wearing my Ratanak T-shirt and a classmate asked, "What does your T-shirt say?" and I replied, "Not for Sale" ! My other classmate said, "Ooh, I thought it said Not Forgotten!" I looked down at my shirt, and it did say Not Forgotten! Well, they started to laugh, and one of my classmates, whom I have never seen laugh so hard, could not stop laughing! I had already told a Khmer guy that it said Not For Sale. 
Poor ting! I confused him! 

Now that I have made you all feel better about yourselves (LOL), these past two weeks have been filled with challenges! 
I have been struggling with the listening/understanding part of the lessons! I feel as if I am playing catch-up most of the time when compared to my classmates, who are very helpful, but no one has time to spend talking in Khmer or reading after class because of all of their tight schedules and family life! 

So going into next week, I am feeling bit overwhelmed because my assessment exam is on Thursday! It is based on speaking on 4 different topics (checking on fluency), listening to a story and then answering questions, filling out forms, and reading grammar sentences and filling in the blanks. 

Prayer requests
- That I would continue to persevere with joy (some of you have sent songs and verses which I have been using in my prep time!) 

- That HE would open my ears to the nuances of the beautiful Khmer language so I can speak and respond to my heart people here! 

Praise
Well some of you who know me must know by now that when there is adversity I ask God, "So what do you want me to do?" 
SO, next weekend we are having the biggest conference, Asian Christian conference, and I was asked if I would volunteer to help out at the centre at the information desk! 
This is way out of my comfort zone since it is not in my  native language, although I will be conversing with native English speakers as well. 
However, God has been laying on my heart to become an active member once again! 
It is not enough to sit on the sidelines BECAUSE HE wants me to discover and use my gifting which HE has given to me! Then I watched Pastor Chris preach and heard he was urging you to volunteer as well.  
Please do
Marg Downey was the first one to ask me to volunteer, and then Sham Krishnan asked me to volunteer as well! And I have not looked back! (I'm not sure if RAC has survived my volunteer work!). God opened my ears to a new world where I got to see His glory and I found YOU, my RAC family. So take that bold step and volunteer and see what HE will do in you and through you! 


For those of you who are volunteering for the first time or volunteering at a different ministry, please write and tell me all about it! 

Prayer request
Having said the above, maybe you should be praying for those I will be meeting! I hope I will give the correct info: where the bathrooms are etc. LOL! This Saturday I am going from 8 to 12am to the volunteer meeting, so please pray for good connections for me. I am still looking for a community here!

Praise
I had former students over with Annette and Channak. (Annette used to teach at Rescue and was my housemate when she was there!). I thought I was going to have 7 people in total, but there were 15 of us! Tong, whose wedding we had attended, (former translator and student) came with his wife, so it was good to connect! The guys were in charge of buying ingredients for fried rice, for the 5 fish, and ice! We met before to discuss the menu, and who was going to clean up etc. We had a budget and they helped in contributing to the dinner! 



Praise
I met with one classmate who was having a rough time and felt led to taking her out for 'girls time'! Then another student at the school wanted prayer, so we are exchanging prayer requests! One of our teachers got dengue fever (no, we are not praising God for that!), but I got a chance to go see him and prayed (he is Buddhist) with him! 

My friendship with the coffee sellers in front of the school has come to the point where they are joking around and teasing me in Khmer and English! They are from my church here so it is good to connect with them! 

Please send your requests
Even though it is tough going with the studies, I KNOW this is where HE has me, and I want to do His work here with integrity and joy! It is no good to go to school and be stressed, so each time on my way there I pray and sing His praises! 

I just walked boldly into a restaurant to order a pizza for pick up because I have so much work to do, and I was wondering why the waitress was puzzled. Then I looked up and realized I was in the wrong restaurant! 
I was in the noodle restaurant! 
Yup, I did that and did not even try to cover up my mistake! We both burst out laughing! Alas! 

My love and prayers to you all. My dance with Him gets stronger because of you all continuing to dance with me. 
So please send in your requests because it gives me an opportunity to go to His feet, the best place to be! 


Micah Stampley: Be Lifted is what I am dancing to:


  "Be Lifted"
(Micah Stampley)

Jesus we lift your name on high 
Your name on high
Be lifted high
Jesus we lift your name on high 
Your name on high
Be lifted high

Be lifted high 
Be lifted high 
Be lifted high 
Be lifted high in all the earth 

Jesus your name be glorified 
Be glorified 
Be lifted high
Jesus your name be glorified 
Be glorified 
Be lifted high 

Clap your hands if you love Jesus
Clap your hands if you’re a believer
Clap your hands if you love Jesus
Clap your hands if you’re a believer

Cristo, tu nombre alabaré
Alabaré, te alabaré
Cristo, tu nombre alabaré
Alabaré, te alabaré
Te alabaré
Alabaré, alabaré
Tu nombre alabaré 
Alabaré
Alabaré, alabaré
Tu nombre alabaré 

Clap your hands if you love Jesus
Clap your hands if you’re a believer
Clap your hands if you love Jesus
Clap your hands if you’re a believer

Be lifted high 
Be lifted high 
Be lifted high 
Be lifted high in all the earth 



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment