Tuesday 5 November 2013

#28 - Going Back!

Vol. 28

Going back!

Update on my Dad:

My parents came in last Tuesday to Toronto and were blessed with not only free tickets by our cousins back home, but also first class treatment on the airlines because of other cousins! 
However, my Dad had breathing difficulties early Sunday morning and was rushed by ambulance to Sunnybrook Hospital where he still is, having lots of tests done. I know this is the best possible place for him to be and I am thankful for your continued prayers for him, for Mom who also needs care, as well as my sister and brother here. 
My siblings away are grateful to you all for your support for our family here. Thank you.

I leave at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday morning. I fly to Seoul and then I have a short layover of 3 hours or so and then go into Phnom Penh. I get there Friday 8th at 10:30 p.m.

Prayer Requests:

-That all will go well at Canada Customs as well as Cambodian Customs. I have to get my visa when I get there.

-That luggage will arrive safely.

Pastor Sunder talked about the different ways we are wired for worship last week. I had to laugh since one person said, "I was wired alright!” I told Pastor Sunder it was interesting as he talked about the different forms of worship because the next night HE gave me picture of what I am supposed to do when I get in this weekend to Phnom Penh, the capital city in Cambodia. (See if you can see the various types of worship in the below passage!)

Scenario:

I would go up to the rooftop of Golden Gate hotel (the same hotel I stayed at in 2009 on first mission trip) and just be quiet, looking over at the lights and just being still. Then I would proclaim His Word from the rooftop (usually Isaiah and then Psalms) as I walk from the north, south, east and west part of the rooftop (no, it is barricaded so I WOULD not walk off the roof!!). Put on my music, the two songs He gave me, 10,000 Reasons and Where Would We Be by Matt Redman, interspersed with God of This City, and I can sing and yes, better believe it, dance!  He would allow me to see the darkness amidst the lights (night time is the time period I would be there).  


At this point I know from experience that I would move to His righteous anger at the injustice occurring in this land and go into intercessory prayer. 
The only solid ground on which I can stand to intercede on behalf of the Khmer people is based on His Word and His promises. My students, the boys and girls being enslaved, this is the exciting part which He has added. He will give me new ways of reaching/teaching English. I got a renewed vision of students marching out into the land. 
He is carving out His plans and is allowing me to get a glimpse.

I knew as soon as He gave me this that it was just another confirmation of leaving my family, my community and friends here for the unknown. Yes, the unknown, since my housing accommodation has changed. The oldest students have moved into the city so my English speaking community at the orphanage has been drastically reduced!

Prayer request:

-That He would choose where I would be living; a place where others are welcomed. One friend said it could be a Vidya-refuge for others (expats as well as ex-teachers whom I knew from last year).

Dancing with my Jesus,
   
Love, Sister Vidya


No comments:

Post a Comment