Saturday 26 May 2012

#8 - Celebrating His Goodness


It is 5:38 in the morning, and I am up on the rooftop waiting to see the eclipse of the sun in Cambodia. I am with the Three In One, Andrew and Sian, two members from Char's team waiting to see His magnificence: 

'Wow!' doesn't describe it, but this happens every 300 years or so, and, LORD, as I saw the moon being eclipsed by the sun I thought of YOU, Your army interceding and taking over your land of Cambodia, the kingdom of Kampuchea! I saw it as a visible sign of the LIGHT, YOUR LIGHT overcoming the darkness in this land, the darkness of the mind and soul, and being flooded by YOUR glory; strongholds breaking off; the freedom and chains breaking off, Your vision Father. Psalm 118:5b..."the Lord answered me and set me free." 

I thought of POR, Ratanak, Chab Dhai, and other Christian NGOs here, working for your cause. I thought of YOU in Canada, Trinidad and Tobago, England, USA, .... the list goes on for those who are praying for the captives to be set free here, and in other parts of the world.  
And I praise Him, and I cry and I am humbled and on my knees. 


2 Samuel 9:8.. What is your servant that you should notice a dead dog like me? Mephibosheth, Jonathan's son asked of David. 
I was asking the LORD the same thing (not exactly in those words!), but the sentiment was the same. I wondered this as I experienced visible signs of His favour this past week starting with the most magnificent one of the eclipse. I was walking around and God started bringing to mind the littlest things I should be celebrating with Him in spite of the heat, swarming of the flies, etc....things like: 
     
     -I am on the swing, it is 6:15 in the morning, it is my quiet time with Him, reading His Word and listening to His music. I hear a whistle and I look up, I whistle back, and this young boy whistles back; so I whistle back surprised that I could and that it was so loud. We look at each other and smile. Then he makes a sound with his mouth and I imitate it and we laugh. He is not one of my students but for the past week as he passes by the window, we somehow have gotten in the habit of communicating by sounds! 

     - I am outside my class at noon, waiting for the key to open the door and a Grannie comes up to me and wants to take a pic with me! I do not know this particular Grannie, so I am surprised and got a student to take a pic with my camera (and yes, will try and get them out to you all!) 

   - In my six o'clock evening class I am teaching pronunciation and sentences like 'what is your favourite...' and K, one of my students, stands up and says : "MY fave-o-rite (that is how he said it) singer is"....then he flings out is arms and says, "MY fave -o - rite singer is K!" (himself!) I started to laugh not only because of his expression, but his manner and then what he said! Everyone talked about famous Khmer pop singers but not K! I could not stop laughing ! So I stepped out of the class (at least the doorway) and who should be passing by in the back of me without a sound, one of the grannies! I jumped! My teaching assistant Poeune saw me jump and then he started laughing at me! (I said 'sweet mama!' which cracked him up!)  
Really! People should say something or wear a bell! It is dark around 6 so I did not see her at all!  
We were all laughing in the class! 

     - R came back to class. I had mentioned him in the last letter, ready to be the first to answer questions and led the other 2 boys in victory over a competition with the girls on spelling and grammar test. 

     - A house mom whom I do know came to me saying she thinks I am beautiful! I, of course, was thinking how wonderful she was and what a woman of excellent taste! Naturally I told her, I love you! And then as I walked away, 20 mins. later another house mom whom I do not know stops me and says the same thing. I say thank you but now a little wary seeing as this is coming from someone I do not know. Then a third house mom tells me the same thing 10 mins. later! I know I am being played but by whom? (I do have a PHD in covert operations and playing jokes, learning under the Mistress (ah master?) Sureshmi!  
I think of Teacher Peoune whose wife knows them all but he says no although he thinks it is funny that I am so suspicious.   
Then I thought it is Channak 
As I write this I have NOT figured out who is at the bottom of this! But as Sherlock Holmes says (or is it Watson?), The game is a foot 
This is community here! 

     - getting to talk to my sister and to see my nephew Daniel on skype; pray I get to see Nate too. 

     - talking to my parents in Trinidad and hearing their voices as if they are right here. 

     - skyping with Pastor Wayne's and Betty's small group, getting to sing Happy Birthday to Mark Harris from Cambodia and hearing everyone's voices and being prayed over. 

YES, He wanted me to just relax and enjoy what He was giving to me: the seemingly little things to the big one, the eclipse!  
May I encourage you to also celebrate and enjoy even the tiniest moment with Him.  
It all adds up. He just wants to be glorified. I do not deserve it but He wants to pour out His love. 

Lastly, time with Charlene was His big hug and I celebrate His timing in bringing her into my life here. It was wonderful to pray and speak about heart and spiritual issues.  
I am humming that song "As He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me that I am His own"....It is an old hymn but God brought that to mind.  


Thank you for your prayers, I cannot emphasize on how much of an impact it is here: I CANNOT do this without you, thank you 

Dancing with Him,  
Your sister and friend,  
Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment