Sunday 27 November 2016

#126 - Speaking boldly!

Vol. #126 

This morning we had a guest speaker at church who continued to preach on a series titled "Whole and Bold". 
He spoke on the importance of our words because our God is a speaking God. HE spoke and creation came into being (Genesis 1), and He speaks to us through His Word. 
The importance of speaking words of blessing to each other and to ourselves is based on what God says in His Word. 
He then asked us to think about how our words can block His blessings, not only to ourselves, but also to others as well.

That got me thinking, so I invited 3 of my former students to go out for lunch at Khmer eating place right across from my school. 
DINNER WITH MY STUDENTS (TUK TUK DRIVER AT BACK!)

As we ate and talked, they helped me with my pronunciation of some Khmer words, and I asked each of them to think about a word that someone had spoken to them that was NOT a blessing. 
Then each of us shared one thing; then we used what God said in His Word to cancel out the negative words spoken over each of us. 
For example, someone said to me, "You are old, you will not be able to learn Khmer", so I countered that with, "In Christ I can do all things: in His strength and might"
I cannot divulge what each student shared, but I was able to affirm His plan in their lives. 
Then I said, "Now think of the person who said the negative words over you, and ask God to forgive them, and pray a blessing over them". 
When I told the students the words of non-blessing about someone saying I could not learn because I was old, I had to be 'real' so that they would be open to share with me. 

Please do not feel sorry for me because I do know He has me here, and I am so blessed to be part of His plan for my heart country. 
I am older so I know not to allow such words to marinate in my mind but to immediately give it to Him. 
When I spoke to my students they were still feeling the impact of the negative words spoken over them over the past few years! 

Prayer request
I specifically chose this eating place because I not only want to give the Khmer family our business, but I also want to be able to ask them, "How can I pray for you today?" 
They know me because most of us at the school, including the teachers, would have at least one meal there (at $2.50 not a bad deal!). Pray for boldness for me please! 

I was very surprised when the visiting pastor made an altar call at the end of the service, and the leader of the prayer team came up to me and asked me to go to the front to pray with the other leaders for anyone who wanted prayer. I told her that I could only pray with confidence in English.
She said that she knew but please, still come
I felt unsure but my former students who were standing next to me said, "Cher, you need to go"! 
So I went and prayed with one Khmer girl in English. 

Thank you for sending me your prayer requests and allowing me to be part of your team as we pray together. 
Thank you for your words of blessing! 

I am listening to Jonathan Nelson's I Believe (Island Medley) as I write this so please excuse me as I have to get up to dance and sing the words I Believe!



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment