Saturday 19 November 2016

#124 - Important Donor Information

Hello everyone!
  
Thank you for your prayers in forming a Khmer community here. Just 2 days ago I was invited to a small get-together for those of us who volunteer at the info desk at church. In fact, I saw the invitation but I did not know I was included since I had only volunteered twice. But I got the official invitation and despite my nervousness, I said yes and went! 

Yes, even I can be shy since I was the only non-Khmer speaker there! Yup, the only expat!  
We met at the church and then went off on a 25-minute ride on moto to eat, and afterwards we just hung out at the riverside.

DINNER WITH VOLUNTEERS

They were all so much younger, and half of them were a bit shy. I did approach the girls and I introduced myself and we exchanged small greetings. I thank God that I did go, and that I was able to speak in half-Khmer and half-English to those sitting around me. 
The first thing my co-volunteers said was that they wanted to practise their English so could we speak in English!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Important note for my donors: 

The Great Commission is moving to a larger location so the mailing address has been changed: 

The Great Commission Foundation P.O Box 14006 Abbotsford, B.C. V2T 0B4
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer request
God is forming His community here for me, so I need to wait with expectation and joy! For me, a community is where I can go deep with others as well as just chill and hang out! 

My Khmer language is not that advanced, so making that transition with my Khmer brothers and sisters here has been slow. So can you pray that I would be dedicated to learning this amazing new language in creative ways! I am meeting with a possible tutor on Monday, so please pray for wisdom for me to discern if we would make a good match in learning Khmer. 

Praise
Even though I have not yet found my new home, I will continue to praise Him for my new home! 

Praise
For the relationships between my tuk tuk drivers and myself. I have one regular driver who takes me to and from school. He knows not to start the tuk tuk until I pray over our journey. I pray for his family and for work for him during the day. 
I have 2 other semi-regular drivers who I have known since my days at Rescue. I call them when Mr. Ra, my regular one, cannot make it! I thank God they can tell me how I can pray for them each time I meet with them! 
And yes, they want to practise their English so I speak in Khmer and they respond in English! As a result there are often puzzled looks and laughter when I have to go to a new location! 

Well, it is Sunday morning and I just found out yesterday that I am on today to volunteer at church. 
So I will go to serve this morning and go to church this evening! Activity abounds in the streets below as everyone from the adults to kids to the dogs are up and about and are talking in loud voices (yes, the dogs too!)! 

I love this particular time when I am having coffee with Jesus, listening to His voice as we read His Word together, listening to some music (I am listening to Christmas songs). Then I enter prayer time over your prayer requests and my day ahead!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment