Tuesday 15 November 2016

#123 - Enjoying Community!



We stood in a circle, and as one we raised our voices in prayer and gratitude to our Lord God. 
Tears flowed down as we prayed together Khmer style, in German, in Portuguese, in Khmer and in English. 

I thought of Pastor Chris' message on prayer and it is really an intimate communication between our God and ourselves! I looked around when we were finished at the different generations praising Him without being shy, expats and Khmer all together, and I thought to myself, "Girl you are experiencing a bit of heaven here, cultures bending the knee to the One true God!"
So what led up this moment?  

It is another holiday here. Water Festival. 
We had no school for 5 working days and the single people I knew from my school and my other circles had made plans to go away. (The city would be so crowded since people were coming into the city to race their traditional boats in a boat race). Since I am still looking for a new place, I knew that I had to stay here and do what I felt HE was directing me to do: spend quality time with Him in prayer and worship! 
Don't you love it when sermons you hear just 'happens' to guide you in that season? 
Pastor Jesse's sermon from my church here was prompting us to be bold in our faith, but we also had to walk the walk if we want others to hear what we are saying. 
Then Pastor Wade and Pastor Chris showed us how to be authentic through messages on Our Lord's Prayer, and the importance of prayer, not only individually, but as a corporate body! (Legacy of both Pastor Sunder and Sham Krishnan.)

So there I was up in the morning, actually feeling a bit lonely, and also overwhelmed by my Khmer homework. (Even though I had no school, I knew I had to keep up the discipline of studying in the mornings to keep up with other students in class!) 
Then I got 2 messages! 
One was from former classmates inviting me over to their home for dinner, but ironically, I could not go at that time. The other was from the couple in whose home we had prayed! It was Wyn and Nis who owns the coffee business at my school and I have gotten to know them and their team! They had been trying to connect with me for 2 days prior but we kept missing each other's calls! 

So there I went (3 of us on a moto, with me holding on to the cake!) to their new house! WE had to drive over the speed bumps, and yes, LOL, when we did, my head would bop forward and hit Dina with my helmet, and she in turn would hit Chang! 
So with laughter abounding we got there!
At Wyn & Nis Making Shish kebobs

Praise
Thank you for praying for a community for me. I know I have to be patient and wise. I know I had to follow His Spirit and wait on Him, and until then, spend quality time with Him! 

The day before, I got to go with Channak and Johnny to the Night Market here, and as always, I love being on the moto feeling the breeze! Thanks bros

Praise
Annette, who used to teach at Rescue with me, and who is serving our God here teaching in another school in the city, has her son and his family visiting from Vancouver! I had the pleasure of going with her and her son to Rescue to visit!

Man! I forgot how long and how hot it is to go there! But I was so happy to meet up with Trakuen, who took us around and then went out with us for late lunch! 
As I was passing by one of the houses, one of the house moms came to get me to come to her house to pray over her daughter who was visiting with her fiancé! So half in Khmer and in English I prayed with them! 

Then Annette and I got to pray over Traukean and her heart of service before we left! I felt as if I have come full circle after my visit! 
At Rescue with Annette and her son, and Traukean and Samnang, one of the teachers there (choreographer of the dances)

Praise: 
Oh, when I went to meet my friends at the cafe business to go to their house, I met another couple from my church there who came to grab coffee, and Krong was able to help me with a couple of the Khmer words which were confusing me! Yay! 
God knew and brought me community and help from unexpected sources! But I needed to spend time with Him first! 

Thank you all for your continued prayers for me for my new home. Can we praise Him for that place even though I have not physically seen it? In faith together!! 

Please continue to keep sending me your prayer requests and stories so together we can storm the heavens! 

Okay, it is so hot now, I'm going to pour water over my head! 


Dancing with Him,

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting

to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment