Tuesday 22 November 2016

#125 - Flashback of faith

Thank you for your prayers over finding a tutor!


We met today for the first time for an hour and a half, and I discovered that she goes to my church here. Her rates are good and yes, she is Khmer! We will be meeting twice a week, so I will keep you all updated!


I had a flashback to the days when I was part of the Drop-In Centre crew! The kids would come downstairs (back to the old days when we had the parking lot out front and the half basketball court upstairs), and it was there we would first meet!
But the circumstances changed a year later when the numbers of kids grew, and after much prayer, I decided it was better for me to be upstairs at the door when the kids first came in, to greet them and look at them in the eyes. If it was someone new, I would just let them know the rules of behaviour at the Drop-In centre.
It was different being upstairs away from the kids, and I had prayed, "Lord please turn that spot into a place where I could have meaningful contact with the kids!"
After the first week, we discovered that the kids were actually staying upstairs not just to play ball, but also just to sit and chat!
I called it the "Liming Spot" (you Trinis already know this means hang out!). The kids would share what was going on in their lives, ask for prayers etc.
The reason I am sharing this deja-vu picture?
 
I had to volunteer at the info desk at my church here and no one comes during the hour and half of service, and it can be uneventful to say the least!
But I prayed that my corner spot would be His, and settled in for a very hot uneventful time!
Yes, Oh Vidya of little faith!


One student whom I taught from Rescue came by to say hi and next thing I knew, he is not only helping me with my Khmer vocabulary, but sharing how his faith has changed over the past 2 years! And he was one of the 'shy' ones!


Then another came by and started to share how his faith has changed from being very superficial to a deeper relationship with God! Then their friends from the dorm in which they are staying came across to be introduced and we all just chatted!
No I did not keep them from the church service; they were also volunteering and had to wait until the service was over!
And yes, we spoke in English, a credit to them since they are Khmer! I saw them again when I went to the evening service that night and was blessed to see that now they came to get their souls fed!


The above was one praise item!


Prayer Request:
When I went to the church service I did not wear any headphones to hear the English translation, and I really wish I could tell you I understood a lot, but in reality I understood roughly ten percent of it all!
But I will keep persevering!


Thank you all for sending your prayer requests and stories! I have been taking them and you to His throne daily!


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
  Your sister, Vidya



No comments:

Post a Comment