Saturday 19 March 2016

#99 - Meeting with PF


Thank you so much for all of your prayers and birthday greetings/wishes!
I had my birthday breakfast with my friend Annette at a cafe, and a birthday lunch with Channak and Liep (from my church), and yes, my first moto ride since I had been in the hospital! 
I went with Channak to buy myself a good helmet for my birthday and had my first glorious ride on his moto!  He drove. I was the passenger just in case some of you are thinking Vidya driving a moto??? 

Then I spent the evening quietly at home reading your messages, studying my Khmer and live streaming RAC!

However the first thing I had done that morning was to spend time on the balcony with Him watching the sun rise! 


Prayers answered

I met with the Director of Prison Fellowship and man, it was so cool! 
The offices had moved and as I sat talking with Mr. Sirivuth (Bong Sirivuth) and we realized that for NOW I cannot volunteer at PF because the government with the new regulations requires a 3-day (full day) commitment as a volunteer, and with my full-time language studies in the morning, and Khmer tutoring extra lessons 3 times a week at the school, this was not feasible.

The sweet thing was that we were on the same page as to my continued involvement through being one of their prayer partners (I will receive prayer requests weekly letters), and just going into the office once a month to meet and pray with the director. 

Bong Sirivuth said that I needed to get 100 percent healthy and to focus on my language studies to be able to work and help them in the future. He even asked when was the next time I could come to the office just to chat! He and his wife and three children are now on my prayer list! 

While I was waiting to meet with him, I spoke in Khmer with one of the staff there, and even though my Khmer was slow, he said I spoke clearly and that was an encouragement to me! 
I was so encouraged to see that he wants to pour into his staff first, to look after their spiritual growth, SO that they can go out and minister to others. As we prayed at the end, I felt the outpouring of His Spirit and tears came as we prayed for PF and Cambodia! 
He wants to see PF Celebrate Recovery programmes in the 28 prisons that now exist in Cambodia by 2020!  
I thought of Pastor Sok and his team and his prayer of seeing a church planted in all of the districts in Cambodia by 2020! 

Prayer Request: I still need a consistent Khmer partner but as I write this I am thinking you have asked, so now in faith ask them to praise God for answered prayer! Yay

Friday March 22nd is the big exam. I am grateful to prayer sent by Pastor Sunder which gave me a perspective and showed me how to pray into the anxiety of exams and being successful; to see His big picture in the midst of the uncertainty! 
Oh yeah, when my co-students found out it was my birthday, I got surprise doughnuts one day, and the next day I got surprise chocolate cupcakes! 
And God gave me a present as I was in the mall on that day I heard a shout of "Teacher Vidya!" It was one of my previous students from Rescue! She is now training and working at a restaurant in the mall! 


I still am the 'lowest' in the class but apparently the funniest as well! I love my co-students, David and his wife Lauren, Ryan and his wife Tara! I keep mixing up David's and Ryan's names (no surprise to some of you) and this causes much laughter! I would like to be with this same group as we go forward to all the levels of Khmer studies! Each couple is with a different organization and spend two years only learning the language and the culture! 
Please continue to send in your prayer requests and stories of your lives! 
I have to go now as I am becoming dinner for the mosquitoes! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya 


** (P.S. Revenues are down and I am now at 80 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment