Saturday 12 March 2016

#98 - Commissioned and Consecrated on my Birthday Morning!

COFFEE WITH JESUS
AS SUN RISES ON BIRTHDAY MORNING!
 


As I sit on my balcony reading my birthday morning Scripture, coffee in hand, Mark 16:14-20 pops up. According to my year-long plan for reading the Bible, His Word, the date says March 12th, but it is the 13th here and I love that the subtitle of the above scripture is the .....are you ready for it?........GREAT COMMISSION
Love it! 
It is affirmation and confirmation of my purpose and my mission here in Cambodia! I got to listen to Pastor Cheryl and Brother Frank pray for me as each did when I was being commissioned to come here! 

Another word which popped up in the last couple of days (recurring theme), and then also in the first worship song I listened to when I was doing my reading was 'consecrated'. The offerings made to the Great I Am by the Israelites had to be consecrated to Him. I began to consecrate my time to the Lord, my study time, my tuk tuk time, my time! 

Funny, it began to be easier to study. I did not dread sitting down and opening the books, or listening to Khmer comprehension text on my phone! 
When I began to grow tired, I would remember why I was here, and would stop and again give up that time to Him as His time, holy time, worship time!

Am I still having trouble pronouncing words or remembering all of the 20 or so words you learn in one day? Yes! 
But I take it in stride and then ask God how to remember the words in a creative way! 
Although some words, when taken apart and translated, do not mean anything close to the particular word, for example, the Khmer word for water and for pink (that is the order) together means shower head! 

Prayer requests

- That I would be able to get extra time with one of the teachers this week (3 times a week) to have conversation and to go over word structure.
  
- That my meeting with Prison Fellowship will be fruitful. This week is the first time where hopefully we will be free at same time. They were away last week. My meeting has to set around my school time.

- That I will continue to be disciplined in my study time!

Praise

I had a third follow up appointment at the hospital with the bone doctor. My back will take time to heal but he was pleased with progress; my left knee was a bit inflamed but we were laughing, as I was able to swing my legs up and down etc. 

Prayer

I need to get a consistent exercise for the legs. I walk up and down the steps as much as possible but I have to tuk tuk everywhere since location of my house is far from school, market etc. I used to walk a lot more at my old place. Swimming at local pool (or learning) is not an option since it so crowded now. SO I am asking God how I can get more exercise! I want my body, His temple, to be at its peak! 

Please send me your requests, what an honour to go before Him together!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya


** (P.S. Revenues are down and I am now at 80 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment