Friday 25 March 2016

#100 - PASSED!


Thank you so much for your prayers for my exam yesterday!

This week had been one where sleep was lacking. It was extra noisy with the sounds of the motos and babies crying and construction starting early! So I spent my time getting extra tutorial lessons and just sticking to the books! 
Answered prayers

His Ways are Not My ways, definitely! 

Many of you prayed for a consistent conversational Khmer partner. I paid for extra lessons to have conversations with the Khmer teachers at G2K.
God has been using my... ahem...dire need for practice by building bridges with 2 specific teachers this past week!
We spoke in Khmer, but they were so encouraging and even though they do not as yet know our Lord like we do, they were curious enough to ask why I am here and also why I was the only student in our class to opt to have the 'assessment' (as they refer to the 'exam') yesterday rather than on Monday like the others! 
I said I wanted my Easter weekend to be without stress and extra studying!  
Then spoke a little about my Easter! 

This week  I was so tired to cook by the time I got home at 3:30pm, after being at school from 8am, and getting up at 5:30am with the noise. So as one of my classmates had suggested, I took a walk during my break and I found a cafe that served fried rice with vegetables and also noodles with chicken for only $1.50! 
As I sat and waited for my food, I got to chatting with my waiter, and soon he was helping me with my pronunciation, and then before you know it, another worker got involved, then the girl from another table got involved, all Khmer, and before you know it, I had 5 impromptu teachers! 
I said goodbye and said I would see them the next day!  The picture below shows you my greeting from them the next day when I went in for lunch! 

My new friends at the Cafe know I love hot sauce!

So, my greatest anxiety had been over the listening part of the exam, since not being around others to practice this affects how well I understand the teacher! 

Again HE went before and this is the result:  

- 100 percent in knowing the vocabulary (I was given pictures and I had to say the word in Khmer!). 

- However I had 7 errors in pronunciation

- Then 100 percent in answering questions (e.g. tell me about your favourite season, why you like your house, where do you live etc.), but I have to learn how to frame the questions properly when I in turn get the chance to ask my teacher questions. 

- Then 100 percent in listening to a story and then answering the questions! (Yes, I was shocked!) 

- However, 90 percent on pronunciation of words! 

- I was told I had no problem in fluency. (Yeah, I can talk in Khmer as well as English)! 

My two teachers were so encouraging as well as the head of the programme, Teacher Samnang! 
SO I PASSED and will begin Module 3 on Wednesday! 


Prayer answered

My class mates and I, though different, are becoming a 'family' and beginning to know each other! 
Here is one example of this. We had a charade-type game in Khmer, and David, one of the students, who along with his gorgeous wife are EXCELLENT in speaking Khmer, got the word because he was thinking, "Hmm, what other word sounds like the word that Vidya is trying to say?"  

We will have 6 students in the next module, which is good. Then I can pair up when we have to do conversation in the class! 

Prayer request:
-That my 'ear' will be tuned in to the Khmer sounds more and more, and of course, for that conversational partner! 
-For sleep. It is very noisy and very hot. I have had to use my A/C during the night now. Before I could just put on the fan to have a comfortable temperature in order to sleep!
-Wisdom on a few decisions to be made about housing! 
-For community. I am still much on my own. I would love a Khmer-based community.
Thank you for partnering with me, for sending in your prayer requests! 

HE IS RISEN! 

I woke up with such gratitude that HE would allow me to be part of His plan here! 
I miss you all so I cannot wait to see you face to face! But until then, may I encourage you to always go to HIM, HE is waiting ....

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya 

(P.S. I got some new songs to dance with Jesus  this week, my DJ who put the songs on my IPod keeps surprising me!)  

(P.P.S. Revenues are down and I am at 80% of my support. If you would like to be my dance partner for Him, please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment