Monday 28 March 2016

#101 - Worship and ...weed?

It is early on Monday morning, and as I sit on the balcony with my coffee, it is still cool enough to enjoy the morning breeze before the heat rolls in!
  
I can also hear the voices of worship music coming from the World Vision building, and I am smiling as I recognize the tunes of the songs even if I do not know the Khmer words (Yet!). 
For the past week, little attention has been made about His death and resurrection, and yes, even from my Christian brothers and sisters here. 
So it was with a somber heart that I went into my church on Sunday morning. 
But, oh, what an amazing service!
 
These words resonated with me...I sing of His resurrection and I praise Him for the resurrection of my soul as well...!  

I usually only think of the sacrifice of what Jesus Christ did for you and for me. His choice of death gives me freedom and life if I choose to follow Him, but also, as a follower and His servant, each year when I ponder and think more of what He has done for me, I realize it is also a time when my soul experiences a resurrection from apathy and loss of wonder at Who HE is, my misplaced priority of putting Him second/third in my thoughts, in my days, rather that being my first love and my first priority in all that I do! 

And I sing today and I, of course, dance. (Man, there are some amazing remix worship songs on my IPod that you really just have to move, even it is just raising your hands in worship!)
 
I am very thankful that HE chose to open my heart to hear His heart and my eyes to His Word. Just reading His Word is not enough, I get to see His vision and His purpose in my daily life!
How sweet and how undeserving is that! 

Today is a free day from school and tomorrow too. Then it is back to Level 3!
 
Prayer request:
 
I will be learning how to write in Khmer and read in Khmer. I ask that God will give me clarity of thought on how to distinguish the different symbols and His hand on how to write the letters! I need His creativity on learning this new script!
 
I think I must have told you that the way I learnt and remembered some of the words is by points of reference. So, for example, the month of October is tokla, and I remember that by the word toking
Yes, my time with my guys at the Drop-In did not go to waste! My point of reference has to to with toking! September is kan ne ya and that, to me, sounds like ganja so I remember that ! (k has a g sound!) 
Hey, I am just being real with you guys. Again, GOD does not let any of our experiences go to waste! Lol! 

Prayer request
:
 
-For the next day for me to REST! It is very noisy in the neighbourhood now! 
Blessings!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya

** (P.S. Revenues are down and I am now at 80 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Email me for details!)

No comments:

Post a Comment