Thursday 18 February 2016

#95 - Just One Dance?



First, I want to say Happy Birthday to my Dad who turned 89 years YOUNG today! 

I love you, Pops!

Praise: This was my first day back to school. I decided on the tuk tuk as the main means of travel, which was wise, since I was taking my computer plus other things that would have been too much to carry! I got there in time. You prayed that I would, because the traffic is always heavy early in the morning. 
Guess what? It was clear sailing, like the parting of the Red Sea! 
There are only 5 students in Level 2. I was able to understand most of the Khmer after being away for over 2 months! Thank you for praying that my ears would be open to the sounds! 

Prayer request: I was able to handle being in class for two and a half hours but then I could not sit much longer, so I had to leave early. Please pray that tomorrow I will be able to stay for the three and half hours. I was able to buy the correct back brace this afternoon, so tomorrow is the test of wearing it in class! 

Praise: I was actually excited to do my homework and spent two hours going over what we did today! My former teachers all gave me hugs and it was great to be with them today! 

Prayer request: After school tomorrow, at 3 in the afternoon, I will be heading out to the province in the countryside for the wedding of a former student. 
Pray for safety as we travel and for great God-conversations with the students and family we will meet there. I will also be reunited with Marie Ens, and Pastor Sokun, who will be officiating the wedding ceremony (he is the pastor from Rescue). 
I will be overnighting there, and carrying my own bedding. Please pray against mosquitoes. The accommodations are very basic, with no electricity or running water etc. 
Pray for energy as per tradition, the wedding begins at 6:30 Saturday morning and goes on till late evening! 
I want to be a blessing to my former students and co-workers there. 
Please pray that my back will be okay, especially for the special dancing on Friday night! The groom-to-be especially asked that we come up to fellowship and dance that night!

Tong, my former student and groom-to-be, has told his family that the entire ceremony will be Christian and some of his extended family have said they will not attend, so we are praying for a blessed time for all!

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers! 
Oh, I cannot wait to dance at least one Khmer dance on Friday night! 


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya


** (P.S. I am at 90 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment