Tuesday 16 February 2016

#94 - The Cross: A Conversation Starter

Vol.#94

Advent is here leading up to Easter and I was thinking of how I could get people to start talking about the most important day we celebrate for those of us who call ourselves servants of Jesus Christ!


So I had to go get a much needed hair trim for the upcoming wedding of one of my former students! He had asked Annette (another of his former teachers from Canada) and me to be the ones to walk on either side when he walked into the matrimonial room! I thought "what an honour" and yes, "what to wear" etc.!
So since I am resuming school on Feb.18th, I thought I should look school-ready as well, so I went into my favourite hair place! I asked Jheri the owner who is from Singapore, if he could engrave a cross into my hairline! He was against it because it would not look elegant!
I said, "J, it is me, of course it would."
I explained to him about Easter and I just felt I needed to put the cross there! So he got his younger barber to come and put in the Cross!
Then they both stood back and said, "Oh it looks good!" The younger one said, "So God will always be with you!"
You and I know that it is not doctrinally true, Cross or not, HE is always there but in a culture where the visual usually represents what you believe, it is a good starting point for conversation!




Here there are Buddhist altars in almost all of the houses and businesses. It is so wonderful to start a convo about the visual and then go deeper with it! I w Wanted to dye it red but we thought it might be too much! LOL!


Prayer:
- That seeds would be sown with conversations about the meaning of Easter.
- Safe journey to the province for the wedding.
- That Annette, Channak and I would be His servants in the way we interact with everyone there.
- Safety on the roads; from bugs (sleeping on the floor, no water etc.) Thursday.
- That my moto driver will return to take me to school. I bought a back support but will not be able to test it out until I am on the moto.
- Pray for focus and excitement as I start Level 2 on the 18th of this month!


Praise: For the times I have had with Him; I mourned that I was not able to go to the beach, yet He made my home His house of praise and allowed me to intercede for others, not focusing on myself!


Prayer: I wear His cross so I pray that I will a role model of the life of Jesus Christ. I take this seriously, it is not a fashion statement! 


Lastly, Happy Birthday to my Dad on the 18th! He turns an amazing age! 89 years old!




Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya



** (P.S. I am at 90 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment