Saturday 13 February 2016

#93 - Back Support

Vol.# 93

I have finished 7 of the physiotherapy sessions, and it is getting better. The lower back is still the sore place, but I am praising Him for healing in that area!

Prayer requests:

- On February 18th (my Dad's 89th birthday as well!), I resume school. It is from 8:30 in the morning to 12. Please pray that I will be able to find/buy a back brace so that I can be on the moto. The traffic is so busy at this time that the tuk tuk is not a viable option; the traffic jam is incredible, so being on the moto is the best way and also the cheapest way of getting to school. 
Pray for the back brace/support that I am looking for, so that I can be on the moto. Both the bone doctor and physiotherapist highly recommended this option but it is not easy to find here!


- Pray that my 'normal' moto driver will still be able to come and pick me up. He has had no work from me for 2 months now, so he may have found other customers.

- Pray for my frame of mind as I go back to study; that my focus will be intense for each hour, and that my ears will be receptive to the new Khmer sounds, and that my tongue will delight in repeating the sounds!


Yes, recovery is still slow but I praise Him for each step! On the 19 the and 20th, Annette, who so graciously opened her house to me, and was a former co-teacher at Rescue, will go with me to the wedding of one of our former translators! Tong is getting married to his sweetheart whom he met at Rescue as well, so we will go to celebrate in the village. We have to sleep overnight there, on the floor, with no running water or electricity etc. from the Friday, and the wedding ceremony begins at 6:30 the next morning! 

Pray for stamina and ability to sleep while there, because of back recovery; that Annette and I will be a blessing to Tong. He has asked us to be on either side of him as he walks into the matrimonial ceremony and we are honoured to do so! Marie and the pastor from Rescue will be there as well!

Thank you for your prayers and allowing me to be part of your lives. I enjoy hearing about you and am humbled you give me an opportunity to pray with you as well!

Dancing stronger to some calypso beat now!

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya


** (P.S. I am at 90 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment