Wednesday 3 March 2021

#234 - Set Aside: Praise and Prayer

 Vol. #234 

 

The second leg of the journey was shorter in hours, but seemed longer as we waited for over 20 minutes for transit passengers to arrive as we sat on the tarmac. This time social distancing on the plane was different since it was a smaller plane with more people.


Praise

I had all my papers and info necessary, so I just had to wait patiently for my turn to be processed. No one told us about the order of where to go and what to do first, so I went to get my COVID-19 test done first following the arrows, only to go back to retrieve my luggage before retracing steps to go in line for the bus. 

Thank you for prayers about the test. It was okay with only one nostril being tested and I had a mouth swab. The ladies who were administering the tests were chatty and were talking in Khmer about the ‘Barang’ me so I answered back their questions in Khmer, which made them laugh!


Praise

I thought I had misplaced the important form that had my deposit of $2000 with the retrieving of the luggage, but I had put them in my knapsack rather than my purse, so your prayers of no confusion and being able to sort things out were answered. PLUS, I was able to get a trolley!


Prayer Request

I am now at the hotel and got the call to go down for the daily temperature check. However there was no social distancing at all in the elevator. I am one of the only 3 expats with Chinese nationals here. Everyone is friendly! Please pray for no COVID-19, as on the plane more than a few were sneezing and coughing, which could just be normal colds since our temperatures were checked before boarding.


Praise

As I slept for about 3 hours at the hotel, I was able to be up to have my coffee time with Jesus. Again I am in awe of Leviticus 13 talking about being set aside to avoid community transmission, and having my perspective on quarantine changed to one of being set aside to rest and be with Him before entering into ‘daily life’ here once again.


Praise

Many of you prayed for a good hotel. This one is average, but the bathroom is amazing with a rainforest type of shower and a huge bathtub!



Prayer

I am on the first floor so I can hear the traffic. Please pray that the traffic sounds will become like ‘white noise’ so that I can sleep.

 
Praise

The hotel staff are very helpful. I was talking to the receptionist and the attendants who brought up my luggage. I was able to communicate in Khmer, which was good, although one of them started to speak very fast, and I am like “Whoa!” But it is good to get back in the rhythm of hearing the sounds and speaking the heart language!

 
Prayer

The three meals that are served are already established by the hotel. No choice is available and no food deliveries allowed from the outside. Pray that I would enjoy all. 

Mark 10:49 is about the Jesus healing blind Bartimaeus and what struck me when Bartimaeus called out to Jesus, Jesus told his disciples to “Call him”. Jesus could have spoken the word Himself to call him, but he asked the disciples to get involved in the process of His healing, to get involved in His work. Just so, He has called me back here, and He is calling you, my dance partners, to get involved in your own areas of influence. When He healed him, Jesus said in verse 52, “Go your way”, but Bartimaeus ...followed Him on the way...”.  That made me stop. It was a confirmation of my call back here to follow Jesus on the way, to continue to dance with Him allowing Him to lead me! 

 

Please continue to send me your stories and prayer requests as I am being set aside for this special time with Him for the next 14 days! Loving the rhythm of His heart as I dance with Him today. 



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment