Friday 20 November 2020

#228 - The Journey to Canada and Beginning Quarantine!

 Vol.# 228

 

Thank you all for your prayers for my travel back here to Toronto.

FIRST SUNRISE YESTERDAY MORN IN REXDALE!
 

I am now in Day 2 of my quarantine right here in the duplex next to the church! 
Thank you to all of you who helped to prep the duplex and stock up the larder for me. 

 

The second and third legs of my travels were much better than the first journey from Phnom Penh to Seoul! The 10-hour stay at the airport started off a bit tiresome since most places were closed and finding a lounge to stay in was a bit difficult, especially after following instructions from the persons at the info desk. I wandered around for half an hour before finding a lounge where I could sit and be ‘safe’ and have snacks! 

 

PAL AT SEOUL AIRPORT QUITE FASCINATED WITH MY HAIR!


On the second plane I had not only the whole row to myself but also the rows in front and at the back of me were empty! I was served a box of cold sandwiches that I declined because it really was not tasty or inviting to eat. HOWEVER, your prayers allowed me to not feel claustrophobic like in the first plane, and I slept with not only my mask on but also the blanket over my face!  

 

Just as I was on the escalator to board the third plane, this carry-on came hurtling down and slammed into my leg. I looked up and it was this older gentleman’s carry-on and he was so sorry. Thankfully, all I have from that incident is a huge black and blue discoloration of skin to match the color of my hair! It is a bit sore but praise God I did not lose my balance or fall when the suitcase hit me!

 
I got through the thorough customs in Vancouver and, with no time to waste, entered into the pre-boarding for third plane. Here only coffee was served, and no blankets, but I was warm enough with my jacket.

 
I got into Pearson, picked up my luggage and when I got to the curb, an airport limo was there, so I was able to get to the duplex in a short time, and the driver helped to carry my suitcases up the outward stairs!


Again I am thankful for your prayers. God reminded me that when I carefully prepare, HE would give the results! I had prepared by doing the COVID-19 test, inputting relevant info on the ARRIVE-Can APP so that going through Customs on my arrival to Canada was a breeze as opposed to others who did not have the info prepared beforehand!


At my last Sunday service in Phnom Penh, Pastor Samdy had preached on the topic of the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few, and God reminded me of His mission for me just in case I would become nonchalant about my calling in Him. 
I am so thankful to have a place here to quarantine where there is an ensuite washing machine and dryer. YEAH! When I get to my parents’ place after the quarantine on December 1st, I will have to use the laundry facilities in the basement of the apartment building and with COVID-19 restrictions, which should be interesting to say the least!

 
Prayer Requests:

 

- Please pray that acclimatization would go smoothly. Already I have found the air to be very dry with the heat on. Thankfully Chris K has a humidifier that I can borrow! Sleep then would be much easier!

 

 - Please pray that my mind would disengage from things in Phnom Penh and I would relax and enjoy this 2-week quarantine, getting stronger spiritually as I spend time with Him.


- Please pray for my parents’ health, especially my dad, as with winter coming on the cold just seeps into the bones. 

- I do have one ZOOM meeting in the next couple of days with the Head of Prison Fellowship International from New Zealand. Please pray that we are able to connect with the change in time zones. We will be talking about Prison Fellowship Cambodia and my role as prayer mentor for its Executive Director, Oun Muylen! 

 

DOWNTIME WITH EXEC. DIRECTOR OF PF CAMBODIA AND DIRECTOR OF BRAVE NGO


I am very grateful to be here and send my love and appreciation to all!



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment