Tuesday 17 November 2020

#227- Grateful for Prayers! Farewell Cambodia, Hello Toronto!

 Vol. #227

Thank you for your prayers. God has graciously answered and I am so grateful for:

 
COVID-19 test: My former housemate, Channak, was instrumental in not only finding out the best place to go for the test but he also accompanied me! At first I was a little taken back because all of the clients waiting for the tests were Chinese, and then there was me! One guy was in full protective gear, with the gloves and masks! Not very reassuring! However, I was impressed by the professionalism of the Khmer staff from the processing and to taking of the test itself. I was anxious about the actual test since I had spoken with many who said it was uncomfortable and hurt a bit. But I AM HERE TO TELL YOU that my nose was made for this! I felt no discomfort and I had a bit of allergy type cold so that my nose was not dry, so easy for the long cottonelle type testing stick! Yes! I was so surprised the whole thing only took about 10 minutes total! Channak had asked me to pray before we went in for things to go smoothly and it did. Channak even surprised me by paying the $130.00 for the test and the documentation for the airport!  So, yup, he was my angel sent by God for this time! 

- Looking after my place: Well, God answered this request in a way that was totally HIS way! My regular tuk tuk driver heard me talking to the landlady about getting someone to only clean the outside (rooftop, stairs and outer places) since I could not trust just anyone to go into my place. Mr. Paat, the tuk tuk driver, suggested his wife, who came over a couple of hours before I left for me to show her what I wanted cleaned and where the mop, hose and broom were. Well, she not only agreed to the asking price, but get this, she prayed for me to have a safe journey and good time with my parents, praying for their health!

 

- My community of friends stepped up and they will be the ones checking in on my place. Lauren and Julia will make sure the payments are on time and also getting the rental invoices signed. Lauren will facilitate the paying of the house cleaner for me as I already prepared the money and invoices for the appropriate time.

 
Being Prayed Over by The Caretakers of my Home!

- Bro. Krong and Sister Liep as well as my main pastor from church will be able to use my ex-housemate’s room which is on the top floor (the UPPER ROOM!) as a retreat and prayer room, with a lamp, a table and a chair/bed already in there as well as a working A/C! I felt God saying to let this place be His refuge. I have put all of the prayer books and spiritual retreat books there as well. I prayed for His cloud to be over that room and the house, prayed for my spiritual authority to be transferred to those staying there for His purpose and plan!

Praying with Visal and girlfriend as they came to pick up my Christmas Tree for the boys to enjoy this Christmas!


Farewell at Salon with my girls and Jheri, the owner, and Bingo, the dog
 
- I felt so blessed that during the staff worship meeting last week that I was called up to say a few words (who knew I COULD say a few words??) as I was leaving to come to Toronto, and then the whole staff surrounded me and prayed for me. Then at my place, before I left, I was prayed over. Then at the airport two brothers from church came to see me off and to pray. They were there around 7ish and I did not get to the airport until 9ish since I was leaving at midnight! 



Being Prayed Over At Staff Meeting at NLF

Being Prayer Over By Sister Mel (BRAVE NGO), Pastor Leah (GLS Cambodia), and Pastor Mara (NLF)



Being Prayed Over By 2 Bros from NLF who came 2 hours early to see me off!

- My ‘guys’ from Rescue led by Channak also came to say goodbye. I have turned over all of the times that I have left here and there has always been at least 2 or 3 of them who would come to the airport to see me off!

 

At Airport

Channak, former Rescue Students, and 2 Bros from NLF at Airport


- My parents and siblings through WhatsApp and other social media also sending their prayers and making sure I am being taken care of at the duplex! 


- Ian and Ramona for spearheading arrangements, along with Ruby and Solange ensuring that I have a local phone number, and going before me with getting things sorted out at the duplex after Bro. Paul and Pastor Sam gave their blessings for me to quarantine there. I needed to have certain info to input on the ArriveCAN APP for quarantine and social tracing otherwise I may have problems on re-entry into Canada. They went ahead to help ease my way back!

 
Prayer Requests

I will go on second leg of journey after my 10 hours here in Seoul. Please pray that I will sleep on the plane with no claustrophobic moments and all will go smoothly with customs at Vancouver airport as well as Toronto Pearson airport.

 
- Please pray that a cab/taxi will be already at the airport curb waiting to take me to the duplex on my arrival! 


Thank you all and I pray I get to see you even ‘mask to mask’ during my time home

 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment